5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 13 Ch. 111 - The Last Festival - Itsuki's Side ③

Maybe some of you guys disappointed that there are no kiss from Itsuki, but I goddamn disapointed the bastars didn't even get punch in the face.

Dex-chan lover
as expected this arc was the most "meh" out of the 5 i think this is due to the fact that itsuki was more involved in the development of yotsuba then in her own development, all of the sisters had space and time to develop and fall in love except itsuki i hope they conpensate in the next chapters because it seams that she'll be the frist one to marry fuutarou (i say frist bc its pretty obvious from the fast fowards we've had that we'll get a harem ending given the quotes about multiple brides and the 5 diferent dresses)
and the fact that she was the only one without a kiss implies that it was her that kissed fuutarou a long time ago in the travel arc and it also ties with the foreshadow in that arc that the one who kissed him would be the first bride.
But the major flaw in this theory is: Why the fuck would Itsuki kiss fuutarou when it seams that she doesn't even love him, and the best answer i could come up with is that probably she fell in love with fuutarou while pretending to be Rena and bc she knows that her sisters also love him she just put those feeling aside to not compete with her sisters.

tl:dr didn't like this arc, Itsuki won't win bc there won't be a loser but she'll probably be the frist.

There was no kiss scene
Because they'd already kissed before right?

Also, wow. Such a fast way to handle the biological father plot. The guy came and went in 3 chapters, didn't even get his own arc

Dex-chan lover
I have not seen such a obviously terrible plot device in a top selling series in quite some time since maybe Fairy Tail. Like, there are convenient plot devices in series all the time but not this blatant. Damn

Group Leader
Fusion-Dragon-Ball-Z-Goten-Trunks-Fusion-Dance.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@jdjohndoe13 the manga is Kochikame, it's the longest running manga, ever, with 190 vol, started since 1976 and ended in 2016 - I think authors of Berserk or Hunter x Hunter grew up reading Kochikame, just to put things into perspective

Dex-chan lover
Pretty much what everyone else said, it's a bit cruel to the readers to make Itsuki win after showing sympathetic romantic interactions with every other quint.

I don't hate her. And I know that in fairness, the romantic interactions with the other girls were all one-sided, Fuu-kun just grew more fond of each girl without truly falling for any of them. So it's not like the author is really contradicting himself in any way with this development. But yeah. It feels like this arc is when Itsuki realizes she needs to stop trying to be her mother, and allow herself to fight with her sisters over Fuu-kun.

Sometimes stealthy character development accompanied by complex foreshadowing just alienates readers. Itsuki needs a huge and meaningful arc if the author wants readers to accept her as best for him... yet she already has this longer arc and a unique status as "the only one who doesn't love Fuu-kun" "the only one who hasn't appeared to kiss Fuu-kun", in a way that makes it easy to feel like the author has locked himself in by designating her as the "special one".

So yeah, tl;dr I'm okay with Itsuki as long as Negi doesn't just let Fuu-kun fall into her lap after the other quints actually had to work themselves to the bone emotionally in order to close the distance. But right now at least, she's in fifth place for me.

Dex-chan lover
Itsuki is all nice and cute, but if she win, Negi will become the biggest ass-puller, beating Fairy Tail's friendship and Naruto's Talk no Jutsu

Contributor
What a bad arc, really forced.

I can only sigh after these 3 chapters.

Dex-chan lover
So if there are about 8 chapters per volume, the winning girl should be reveal at chapter 113/114 right ?

Also, this chapter felt useless. And if Itsuki not kissing Fuutaro is a sign that she will win, then then the author is not subtle at all and lost my respect...I honestly don't know why I read harem mangas, I always end up pissed or dissapointed.

Dex-chan lover
there it is, the fate is sealed, no kiss until the wedding, or until Fuutarou himself goes for it at least, i'm afraid to say "we won Itsukibros" because this never has been that kind of story, we know that the heroine has been decided fro the start but even then we've been janked left, right, up and down in this trip with no end

Users who are viewing this thread