5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 14 Ch. 115 - The Five's Morning

Dex-chan lover
Aha I knew it, harem end if they take turns being Yotsuba. At least, I hope so!

Dex-chan lover
People do realise that this manga only has a volume's worth of chapters left right? These last chapters are dealing with actual cementing a pairing from the look of it, something most harem stories essentially don't bother with since they jump right to a few years later to wrap everything up. But that can't work here, not when you consider the ramifications of choosing one of the sisters and Yotsuba's own personality. This drama is likely to force Yotsuba to be selfish, to not put her sisters first here, because they don't want that either.

Dex-chan lover
I get why Yotsuba apologized but if it were me, I would feel insulted. Is the thing she still have to do is apologize to her sisters or is it something else ?
Also, Miku is probably bluffing. She must have seen Yotsuba's doubts. I don't see her that desperate.

Dex-chan lover
Unrelated but for some reason, the part where Miku says she'll take Yotsuba's place strikes a strange memory in me. Like 1990-2000's romance anime plot that ended horribly wrong.

What the fuck, they still aren't dating smh more drama Yotsuba wants her sisters to be happy I get it but it's about time to stop that, she is just making others sad with this and the others are trying to encourage her directly like Ichika and Nino and indirectly like miku( if it wasn't already obvious to others). Itsuki is soo me I can't simply congratulate taking everyone into consideration too, feelsbadman

And that credit page tho, don't give me hope please

Contributor
@Tamerlane How the fuck harem ending would be thematically consistent? They live contemporary realistic Japan, which outlawed polygyny in 1945.

@Yautja well, Nisekoi was also forgotten for the absolute abomination and the dumpster fire that was the anime adaptation with trash animation and voice acting (even for the time). At least here I think they did a MUCH better job

lul someone comparing gotoubun with nise(shit)koi
nisekoi is most trashy manga/anime i ever seen, even worse than shit art online
kominaoishi just a bullshit writer
negi-sensei different, but hope sensei can handle the popularity of his manga and didnt go with stupid route

Dex-chan lover
Thematically does not mean that it necessarily goes with the setting.

Throughout the manga, it's been reinforced that all five of the quintuplets are five parts of one bigger whole, which all complete one another. (Hence the title-the five-part bride) They make up for one another's shortcomings and unite as a family to overcome adversity, as they all deeply care for one another.

Also note necessary aspects of the story such as that in order to distinguish between the twins, you need love which implies you need to love all five to know each one of them. They all have their own traits and quirks and they're all characterized in such a way that each has their own reasons for falling for Fuu

A few months ago, I posted this which I still think holds up (mostly) well (apart from the first part about little evidence for any one choice.):
Right now, there is little evidence to support any one choice. However, we know all five have feelings for him. They all held his hand at he snow festival, indicating they all will be destined to be with him in some shape or form. There are multiple wedding dresses so we know it's not just a one-off thing. Additionally, the Quintuplets often refer to being "five parts of a whole," and that they cover each other's faults and make themselves stronger, which indicates they will always be at each other's side. Things like who kissed Fuu at the bell, when it is known they can disguise themselves as each other indiscriminately and do so at will, are either red herring or strengthens the analogy that they're all one "functional unit" as it were. This is why he says that he's not going to choose anyONE of them, because he does love them all to an extent. The harem ending here would probably be the most solid in that sense. Granted, he will most likely marry ONE but will still cohabitate and love and care for the rest, living together, working with one another, etc. Hence the title, the five-part bride or the five-wedded brides, Indicating they will all have some role in the marriage.

I personally would like an ambiguous ending where we don't know who married Fuu because it doesn't matter, it's not what the story SHOULD be about and knowing who does will ruin any subsequent readings because a lot of tension and interesting "will they won't they?" will be lost, but thematically and for the strong emphasis on family and ties between them, I think that the harem ending would be the strongest in terms of what the main purposes of the story is. @bastek66

Contributor
@blanc_ Nisekoi isn't forgotten, it's still popular with anime only crowd. Animation was fine, voice acting (and songs) were great.

Annoying. Ever since the chapter yotsuba was announced as the bride, the author seems like he's just dragging out the drama for yotsuba's development, and IT SUCKS.
Yotsuba should know nino's personality since she's her beloved family. Apologizing like that is adding insult to the injury, who the hell wouldn't get pissed off by that. I bet nino felt frustrated and insulted so much that's why she said those words. Every thing about this manga was really good up until the chapter 114. That euined everything for me.

Users who are viewing this thread