5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 14 Ch. 119 - Five-Star Tour

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
I totally agree; the personalities involved are volatile, passionate, and (to a degree) selfish; yet they suddenly lose ALL of that... except Nino, who is then painted as the classic "woman scorned."
Which she is, but... it seems as though Futaro just doesn't have the emotional range of a turnip, and is simply interested in the easy option. The person who didn't really cause him any trouble, or display very much emotion towards him.
Which would piss me off unbelievably, and I wouldn't want my sister to date a guy like that... of course, I wouldn't want to date a guy like that either, so maybe this theory is all just in my head...

Dex-chan lover
HopeBros wins again! I'm so fucking happy right now!!!

Dex-chan lover
The reduction of certain aspects of their characters bothers me too. Before, we could see why each one was attracted by Fuutaro in their own way and what that meant to them. None of these characters would just lie down and take this, especially not Nino and i felt like they kinda gave up halfway through the chapter, despite the earlier chapters implying they would fight even harder for Fuu. It really does all fall apart at the end. @Seraphus

Then again, I'm in the camp of either an ambiguous ending (because I believe that the bride should have been a red herring and what really mattered was the focus on family and how much the characters have grown in the past hundred-some chpaters) or a harem-ending where they all live together and he just married one, but they're all technically in a relationship. Those two would have been closer to the themes and setups earlier in the part. I still don't know for certain why Fuu choose number 4 over the other 4, besides "you were the first one I met," but whatever.

Dex-chan lover
if the credit page text is a proper translation then imma need the name of that manga

Dex-chan lover
I cant stop grinning like an idiot. Great fckin job Yotsuba

All y'all salty tears are fuckin delicious
ywAYcz9

Aggregator gang
@Tamerlane
I would have been with either as well and would rather we had latter tbh

I was actually hesitant for the idea of a harem ending, but It honestly makes a lot of sense thematically. Fuutarou picking them all not because they come as a "set of sisters" as they are always treated as, but because each of them is a unique individual and all likable that he can't just forgo one for another.

Dex-chan lover
@seekermoc
Hoped it would convince some of the people here to stop this war. However war's don't stop with words alone, guess I realized it the more I read into this comment section.

Group Leader
@YosepRA

That thought bubble was him remembering the advice Ichika gave him about how to confess. Turns out his true feelings are stronger than anyone realized. What a Chad.

Dex-chan lover
I think the push back I got to it at the start has lessened because of the direction the manga went and how it didn't work out as I think Negi wanted towards the end.

It's why I don't like the idea of love triangles to begin with because, as a writer, I believe if you go in detail to establish a complex relationship between two characters that develop romantically, you should see them together or they should have another character arc dealing with either breaking up or not being part of the relationship and coming to terms with it. We don't see either her and so it feels like a bunch of characters just were dumped. Plus it's LITERALLY CALLED "THE FIVE-PART BRIDE." That's the most harem-implying title ever. @Bengon

Users who are viewing this thread