5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 14 Ch. 120 - Five Years Ago, On a Certain Day

Dex-chan lover
Well.
That was... cramped.
Like, "11 different story arcs just jammed into 15 panels of shonen pulp" kind of cramped.
Glad we didn't miss any hopes and dreams from our favorite Quint, right?
Negi must be tired of this, I guess... :/

Fed-Kun's army
Bruhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't remind me the ending of
Nisekoi
with that wedding cake credit page

Well the story is almost finished. It is one of best manga I read in some time it was really fun and looking forward to last chapters.

Somehow it fells weird... I just dont get the feeling... Nevermind, maybe it's just me but this chapter just too rushed that I don't really drawn into it

Aggregator gang
huh, weird
i mean, they're sisters
one of them is dating Fuutarou
one of them is end up marrying Fuutarou
. . . .
i don't know how to react to this chapter

Dex-chan lover
That Nisekoi wedding cake meme..
It has been used so many times, and also spoiled me many times.
Hope the progress part of the manga is good.

Dex-chan lover
@Azaleal me too. It’s nice that the misunderstandings / arguments are pushed aside, but this is a chapter I would expect if he went for harem ending. Or a “reject all - let’s be friends” ending.

Now he’s technically dating Yotsuba, but literally NOTHING has changed. He is rude while teaching her, they don’t talk privately, they aren’t seen messaging or calling each other at night...nothing.
If someone started reading from this chapter he wouldn’t understand anything about the fact that he already chosen someone.

At this point there are two routes: or author goes for the “semi-harem ending”, basically “date the one less jealous about the other sisters being near me”.
Or goes for the “I’ll show a wedding BUT there will be a little explanatory sequel later ending”. And that would hurt so much.

Whenever people wants a harem ending

hqdefault.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
I agree that as far as the story goes, a harem/ambiguous ending kinda looks like the most logical one. Like you said in your previous comment, there should still be some internal conflict. I as well said in previous chapters that with them being sisters, they are bond to see Fuutaro and their love for him will be harder to forget. However, I'm not sure that a harem ending is the best one. With Fuutaro, it felt like Negi wanted to show that the Quints could act a little selfish when it comes to love. Everytime each of the five started to like Fuutaro, they distanced themselves from the Quints circle. Yotsuba was the first one to do so when she wanted to look different as shown in her origin story chapter. After her sisters followed her to another high school, she realized the bond with her sisters was important and took a more supporting character role for most of the story. Once Fuutaro made his decision she started to wonder if it was okay to have something/someone for herself. And it was the turn of her sisters to support her in their own way. So, I guess Yotsuba gain wisdom from the other parts to become waifu material. Itsuki even said that Yotsuba doesn't need them anymore. Then again, my analysis might be total BS.

@Umesan
I don't know about playing it safe, but I do feel like a harem ending is not an interesting enough plot twist. Even if the story could justify a beautiful harem ending, it's not worth it. Having a harem from the beginning to the end is uneventful imo.
Regarding the criticism, you're right. Personally I'm one of those people who thinks that the way the story was handled after Fuutaro confessed is out of character for every Quints. True Yotsuba isn't my favorite but she is a decent choice so it has nothing to do with preferences.

Negi absolutely ruined the manga with the last 2 arcs. I think he made up the winning quint as he was going along and it shows. Feels like he picked the safest option which would mean the least backlash by shippers

This is my fist manga that I've read until the end, and damn does it feel good to be here and see it end.

Users who are viewing this thread