5Toubun no Hanayome

So, uh, among the new covers each girl seems to represent a specific finger and Yotsuba is the ring finger. Just wanted to point that out...

@unknownfactor And the next cover probably Itsuki with pinky finger.

I mean, the way they represent their finger probably because Ichika is the first daughter (thumb), Nino being the second (index finger), Miku being the third (middle finger), Yotsuba being the fourth (ring finger), and lastly Itsuki being the fifth daughter (pinky finger).

@Gabriel1823 there is one I can guess might be kinda official, by the looks of it is the server for the series subreddit and the wiki
https://discord.gg/ZWFEJ8R

it's been eighty-six years.

dude, i've been waiting for this since before picking up the manga and just watching the anime for the first time. like we all fell in love with miku ever since she was the 'first' girl that fuutarou actively pursued to get to study but we all forgot that it was yotsuba that was the first girl that stuck around and studied with fuutarou while he had to go off and pursuade her sisters to even study. like she never had a proper character arc since she never had a conflict with fuutarou in which had to be foiled. and she's really the glue that tries to make everyone else happy to her own detriment - pretty tragic, and i always feel for her whenever she smiles something that bothers her off in order to not make others worry. she'd shoot past number one if the author, for her arc, goes and shows flashbacks of events throughout the manga where yotsuba would defer to others' happiness while keeping a smile on while we get her perception on the events. i really want the genki-type to win.

that being said, i have no clue what the author is gonna do with itsuki,
since being the childhood crush was her niche (e.g. ichika the nee-san, nino the tsundere, miku the dandere, yotsuba the genki, itsuki the ___?), and again i still fear that she might win overall due to the initial covering of her in the manga and anime (having center position)

@du5k - Nino also qualifies as a tsundere if considering her pre-Chapter 59 shenanigans (minus a couple of obvious moments). She's also the Runaway Train of Love.

@Non_Descript_Member
No, she was full tsun at first but turns full dere. Even she shows no hostile now, she's still a bitch in my eyes.

spoiler for chapter 88 :
- More flashback for Yotsuba
- Fuutarou and Yotsuba made a promise
- Fuutarou (and mostly because of Ichika goes full snek) is the reason why Yotsuba start to change her style
- Yotsuba started to wear ribbon
- She's so desperate to show "i am different from my sisters" to Rena (quint's mother)
- Rena says to Yotsuba that her effort is pointless because they all are quintuplets
- Eventually Rena died
- Yotsuba goes full despair
- The quints goes separate ways in middle school as of their appearance are all differents
- Maruo meet them and said will take care all of them

@yotsuba428 - Disagreed, Page 5 and Page 6 here show otherwise. As does Page 16 here (with commentary by Miku), Page 17 here. That's how a tsundere would act; anything prior, in-between and before her haircut in Seven Goodbyes is just Nino rejecting Fuutarou based on his role, not helped by him being put in place by a man she isn't all that keen on.

She only does that here as she doesn't want to upset the other Quints, and much like Itsuki in the Legend that Binds arc, sets her own test of character resolve on him.

@Non_Descript_Member still.. that doesn't change my view on her. Yeah all she does was being protective over her sisters.. but that's that and all what she did was wrong. She even drugged him not just once but twice. Being protective or being a cunt? that's her role.

@yotsuba428 - I ain't saying that her drugging Fuutarou, to throw off a tutoring session and then to escape his knowledge of her temporary abode, was the right thing to do; I disagree with the action more than anything. That's the only thing that makes me a detractor against her character. As now she's improved herself and there's been no mention of the events between Fuutarou and Nino, it's basically just a case of it's in the past and done, and she's a lot more respectable now her feelings are certain, making the protagonist start to face his inadvertent romancing of the sisters head-on instead.

At no point did I really make the case of it being about Nino protecting her sisters. Maybe at first, but that to me was more the case that she wanted no "outsider" in her home space, and definitely not the second time. Not sure on your language regarding her, either. I'm not above using the word myself but there's only a handful of characters in -all- manga that I'd outright name such, and Nino doesn't meet the criteria. Maruo, on the other hand...

@Non_Descript_Member

That's the impression I got too that basically Nino didn't want an outsider in their sisterly circle.

I wonder what kind of drug she used to knock him out so fast??... And twice!! lol. I understand why the author used the drug as a prop just to get the scene to move and you keep in mind it's on the comedy side so not to take anything here so seriously... but maybe the authot could have thought of something else to use lol.

Funny people wanted Nino to die but really they show none of the sisters against her doping Fuu and no sister... no Itsuki when taking him home or miku or even sweet Yots... made no show later to say, "I'm so sorry my sister drugged you!! Don't worry it wasn't backyard cooked, it's all FDA approved that we stole from our step-dads office since he's a doctor." Basically you mess with the bull you get the twin tails 🤣

Dex-chan lover
All of these wedding covers are just the girls in a gown and doing something weird with their face

Chapter 88 reaction:

giphy.gif

Fed-Kun's army
Me: Nothing to do....
This Series: New Chapter Drops...
Me: Oh baby! Look at the time.
Chapter 88: Boy you are in for a ride.
Me, after reading: Excuse me but WTF?
Last Picture: Now who is the Mother?
Me: Oh God, those eyes.

Also @Non_Descript_Member thats a pretty acurate summary.

Users who are viewing this thread