Fed-Kun's army
Based. Thank you anons, the other translation is shit. It's worth waiting for this HQ release.

Dex-chan lover
Well, Tokito is truly fucked now.

Gotta wait until next chapter to see if this is really the end of UM1.

this translation makes me so much more emotional... i only recently subscribed to the rss feed so i read the other translation by accident when i got the notification for a new chapter, but i see now that at least for me, this translation is truly worth waiting for. i suspect i'd never like the series nearly as much if it wasn't for your work, anon. thank you!

Cool, so that title card and the flashback finally confirms Upper Moon One and his brother are distant ancestors of Tanjiro. Not that it wasn't at least somewhat obvious, but it's good to know for sure now.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you! you even cleaned the color page and left it without text to enjoy the art, that's pretty cool.

As for the chapter.........there's no way those guys could live, like Genya, no matter how much flesh you eat you were cut in half! and you're not a full demon like Nezuko because only Muzan can make that happen, but well, he ate part of the first so idk, it would be pretty underwhelming like "yeah man I'm fine, just give me some tape and I'll get back on my feet in a minute" also if he can gain demons powers but not be controlled by Muzan, is actually incredible for him to be the first one to try that, don't you think? it would've been cool to have a hidden pillar half demon too but there's no time for that.

As for Tokito... yeah... That's a solid RIP right there, he's only able to think because this chapter probably happened in like 5 seconds in real time.

@MC_Gigglepants UM1 and his brother are distant ancestors of Tokitou. Tanjirou is seemingly unrelated to them, though the brother did save Tanjirou's distant ancestor at some point (See Chapter 99).

Fed-Kun's army
Huh.
Genya is vertically cut in half.
Tokito is horizontally cut in half.

It doesn't mean anything, just something I noticed xD

Either way, they are fucked.

Also, why is MangaPillar's chapter title "fear the afterlife"? I mean, I don't read their version because I prefer this one, but I can't help but to wonder where the fuck did they got that title from?

@Vidashall
Not the translator but this is some of the comments from the translator and the thread:
"I was rechecking the title just to be safe, and it turns out 恐るべし literally means "to be feared" but it also has a connotation of "incredible, awe inspiring" so whichever fits the tone of the chapter better."
"後生 has two different meanings depending on the furigana. こうせい means future generations. ごしょう means afterlife. Mangapillar went for the second meaning even though you could read the furigana [of the first meaning] from the side of the title."
Seems like Viz went with something similar, their title is "Respect for Future Generations".

Thanks anon

Can't wait for text spoiler on Thursday.

Btw mangapillar didn't only mistranslate the title, but they also misplaced the side text.

Dex-chan lover
What a fucking mid boss
He got like an entire 15 chapters for him to go down

Users who are viewing this thread