Double-page supporter
@Notalewdguy

The anime's been the biggest cringe fest in comparison to what I've read of TNY in manga format.
The queen's a total wimp in the show and it keeps Naofumi emo the whole time, where she's a steel-solid cunning badass frontline commander otherwise and he eventually more or less lightens up.

Dex-chan lover
@Equilibrium

There's a big anti-monster field setup over the city that basically drains the power from everyone, and an army of 20,000 soldiers on its way rape, pillage and burn, and you want him to do a big, emotional funeral, mourning for the dead residents with that shit going on in the background, instead of doing what needs to be done.

When your buddy dies in the field, you don't have time to cry for him. If you can drag his body back, great. If you can't, if all thats left of him is scattered everywhere, grab whatever picture, keepsake, memento, something that would be meaningful to his family and finish the mission. You don't finish the mission, more people are gonna die, more people in your squad are gonna get shot up, blown up, screaming in pain cause the mission is taking too long.

You get back to base, you don't have time to cry then; hit the sack, get some chow, charge the mags, and get ready to deploy. You get time to cry once mission accomplished, rotated back on leave, and there's nothing else going on.

Dex-chan lover
@LysandersTreason
Kindly fuck off, leeches like you are the absolute worst.

Don't like it? Don't read it
Or translate it yourself.
Or offer to be an editor.
Or something other than being a little shit.

At least don't be "that guy" who bites that hand that feeds him. The translation was fine, I had no problems reading it.

Did I miss anything? Did they explain how shion got defeated? Given how easy the other guys defeated theirs. Cant really believe how shion got killed by those douchebags.

Thank you for the translation btw!

Dex-chan lover
@taetantan Pretty sure she was fighting under that whole "anti-Monster" field effect that had been deployed. Even Rimuru was greatly weakened by it.

I somehow didn't remember these 3 guys while reading through the novel . who are these guys and their back story?

Aggregator gang
@taetantan the barrier surrounding the city makes monsters incredibly weak (being unable to even stand in most cases). they attacked shion with it up. at the moment they're currently at full strength due to being outside the city and barrier and that's how they can win.

@Amplify
After checking the raw, I find Lysanders's frustration kinda understandable. But yeah, I found the problem is not that the English is that bad, it's the occasional mistranslations and also probably wordings.

One example:
Hakurou's line, "Oh, that's right, the spatial attribute could prove most effective in medicinal and post-treatments."
AFAIK, it should be something like this, "Oh, that's right, the effects of medicine and other healing methods are limited to wounds caused by Space Attribute."
(or maybe Space Element should be Void Element? It's been so long since I played JRPG)

I spotted a few others that reversed the meaning. Like that "aiming for vital to enjoy suffering" one.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the translation and update.

@LysandersTreason How about you show some appreciation, if you do not like it then do it yourself, show us how it's done.
Give us the 'quality' ohh you think you deserve for something you are reading for free.

ist been a long time i read LN, but i dont remember (or foget 🤣) about this scene. The last i remember is
Yuuki Kagurazaka going to start a War with Rimuru and others.

Group Leader
Well, this was hard to understand.
I was just going to point out that this is either a google translate job, or someone who barely speaks English...

I had a hard time understanding exactly what Benimaru was saying, so I decided to quickly translate the first two pages myself... and now I can confirm that this translation is mostly nonsensical.
Also, the compression or something is off, everything seems too blurry. And why was the title page removed?

Well, so that people don't start freaking out because "Your are not helping" and "If you think you can do better, then do it", here's my translation... my actually accurate translation:
First page:
7qPhLRF.png
Second page:
mBOAgYc.png

Oh, I didn't do anything else other than translating and typesetting, no editing or color balance or tweaking compression.
And here's the promo page, that is supposed to be the actual first page:
X1V9xKF.jpg

@taetantan
She was protecting a kid with her body, she wasn't really fighting 😉

@Amplify
Don't get so offended. This guy did a piss-poor job of a translation, rushing to post mere hours after the raw release just to snipe Jesterly.
Even if he stops, at worst, you'll just have to wait a couple of days to get a real good translation. Quality takes time, and I can assure you, this current translation took almost no time at all.

@conscript117
Things can be free, but still shit. I would prefer to wait for Jesterly's translation. This was a bad snipe, so no need to be so grateful.

Contributor
@Amplify This guy literally sniped the translation from someone else and did such a poor job at it. When a chapter gets translated, it is less likely for other translators to pick up the chapter to retranslate properly. It's like subjecting the chapter to a poor translation permanently. I'd much rather wait for a proper one to be released than to have something like this.

holyshit, that guy eating his friends? gerudo's PTSD is going to be triggered

@kkaces mob character, to make shion's death a bit more believable rather than the one where she's just been killed by religious fanatics and to give rimuru's subordinates more screentime. They didn't appear in the WN, but did appear in the LN

Users who are viewing this thread