Double-page supporter
btw, Rimuru is going to get all their otherworldly skills anyway in the end by predating, right? he wouldn't just throw away useful stuff and just bury em, right?

@SweatyBrie
so it was her skill afterall huh, so HE has some sort of skill-stealer skill then? to steal her skill?

Just dont read it if u dont like? Or translate it urself if u guus want better quality?
Idk why making fuss about this, yes its bad, then u have a choice to ignore this too

75339397_1350070981783279_5422946529654603776_n.png

Woah woah woah they actually killed them??? That's pree refreshing

Aggregator gang
What an irony, I had to expect that even the garbage could be evoked in a fantasy world.

These scum are such filler its hilarious. Just stomp the fool already and move to the REAL massacre.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel Well fuck me then. I liked the manga. I was hoping the anime would be better. Although the WN is bad but
I'm not going to lie. King's redemption arc was great. He was a badass.

Dex-chan lover
good ridance piece of shit, this was a feel good chapter like no other, decapitated and forced to endure thanks to his accelerated thoughts!, BRILLANT.

the mind-controlling little bitch choked to death by his "ally"?, priceless

the dumbfuck ally whimpering in pain all corroded?, eeexcellent

@Siragon @Lanfear YEP!

I'll preface with this, I'm not defending anyone for sniping. Just trying to be somewhat objective.

Honestly, I've read it through like five times now, and I hardly had any problems at all. Were there minor grammar issues? Sure, but not even close to the abomination a lot of people seem to want to describe it as.

I feel like a lot of people confuse WN/LN translating with manga scanlating.

WN (to me) seems the easiest, since you can copy and paste the text into your software of choice (though, I'll add that I have no experience in any of these fields)
And I think the same goes for digital LNs that let you copy and paste text.

But I feel that there is a huge(maybe not huge, but definitely not non-existent) difficulty spike for manga and physical LNs.

You can't copy/paste from a physical book. First you'd have to scan it in to your computer.
After that, you'd need software to convert the word portions of the picture file into text you can manage (which i don't even know if it exists. Google translate has a camera now, but I couldn't tell you how well that works).

Otherwise, if you don't have said software or prior knowledge of moon-runes, you're checking every kanji in https://jisho.org one at a time (slowly building up your own dictionary), or writing them one at a time into google translate on a device with a touchscreen.

And then there's names. I've heard that names are (one of) the hardest parts.

Honestly, I feel (as an outsider) that it'd probably be kilomiles easier to clean/typeset for a group without prior experience than to translate without prior experience.

And @anejlek is doing all of it on their own (according to their bio), and I think that should garner respect enough on its own.

https://www.insidescanlation.com/index.html has got some interesting stuff on the history of scanlation if anyone's interested in interesting stuff

Double-page supporter
These words man. "Lordification", "Pitiable". Yikes. This translation isn't illegible, but it sure ain't good. If you're going to snipe something, at least have it be of comparable quality.

@Lazk
Unless there's a formal name for this or an umbrella which it fits under, I'm going to label this defence (your comment, among the countless other stupid comments echoing the sentiment) "the fanboy defence (fallacy)". Saying "Don't read it if you don't like it" or "you translate it if it's so bad" is such a pathetic non-response to criticism, and poor way of dodging it. It doesn't address any criticisms and is just a deflection of criticism or complaints, regardless of how unreasonable they are (most of which aren't, at least in this comment thread). It's a blanket "no u" response. It's no different than saying "I don't care" to any responses you get, or someone not talking to you. It's a "I don't like it, so fuck off" comment.

Just because something is free does not mean it's absolved of criticism. Just because something is free does not mean it's deserving of thanks or respect. Looking at you, @conscript117. Even more so when someone else is already doing the job, and doing it better. If you're going to snipe or anything for that matter, at least do a good job. My favorite example is this, I'm not going to thank you for emptying an empty garbage can, or worse, making a mess of emptying a full garbage can, or trying to clean my windshield at a red light, regardless of the fact that I'd like those things at other times. If something is shit, regardless of whether or not it's free or wanted, criticism is not only fair, but deserved.

Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I shouldn't read it, because liking something isn't the only reason to read it. You don't have to have a positive opinion of something to make a comment, as that seems to be the implication such comments are putting out. Ignoring "bad" things is called procrastination or avoidance and is generally regarded as a bad habit.
I swear, this website is getting stupider by the day, not just these comments, or people complaining about others with negative opinions, but now those troll uploads are a thing and there are white knights defending them with the exact same stupid comments are yours.

Having read the wn or ln (not sure which one it was) and waiting chapter for chapter to just see the god damn fight between rumuru and those soldiers kinda sucks tbh... I really thought this chapter will be it, well at least that should have been the last one before the fight,
can't wait to see diablo.

Group Leader
@anejlek please, just let Jesterly translate this manga, I think jesterly TL and TS quality is better than this. don't snipping just because you like this manga. do you think jesterly doesn't like this manga? he also very likes this manga, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread