Dex-chan lover
. . . .some of yall are really thirsty mother fuckers

Looking forward to seeing Ryu snap along with how strong the Kure Clan's top dogs are

Idk guys if we're talking about ships then i would prefer Ohma with Akiyama ( or Kaede). I have nothing against Karla she's a very lovable weirdo. I just think Ohma looks better with Akiyama

Fed-Kun's army
And thus Ohma became the main character next to Yamashita once again.

Koga, it was nice to know you but fate(author) begs differ.

My guest before, knowing that Ohma alive, was the Kure "Great Doctor" treat Ohma and "revive" him consider how Erioh brag about their capabilities.
Well the "Great Doctor" did revive him but it wasn't by the Kure

Group Leader
I really don't understand why people think Koga is being trampled for no reason.
He's a fucking amateur! He's never had to fight in real death matches. He doesn't fight for a king or work as an assassin, and he certainly didn't grow up in the Inside.

It makes perfect sense for Koga to be getting shit on NOW. He needs time to grow, and this is exactly how it should be done.
And I love that we got to see how furious Ryuuki was. He's slowly learning to become more human. I hope this is explored more when Ryuuki inevitably receives training from Ohma (meaning Ohma will effectively become the next Niko, which would be awesome)

@Dijon
I agree. The greatness of Koga's character is to see him progress from a weak nobody to a competent fighter and even more later. He's been training like hell but people cant expect him to get to Kengan's top dogs level yet. Also those assassins were professional and very strong. They are only fodderized because they were up against 2 of the strongests fighters in the world. Koga at the beginning wouldnt even last 1 sec against just one assassin. Now he held his own against 5 at the same time. Thats an impressive amount of progress right there and it's actually a moment of awesome for him.

I really love the idea of Ohma becoming thr next Niko, although i prefer Koga to be trained by him too.

@Dijon
. . . . . .what? Not a single person here said Koga was getting trampled for no reason. Where'd you get that from?

@Pepsioverdose
I have mixed feelings about Koga learning from Ohma or picking uo the niko style. On one hand the new protagonist (IMO) should really be standing on his own merits and not just copying & pasting the skills of the previous protagonist.

On the other hand the amount of character development potential there almost completely outweighs the negatives. Just imagine the irony. Koga started on this journey because he HATED Ohma for not only beating him straight up but showing this joke of a Karateka just how insignificant he was as a fighter. Now after months of getting humbled and kicked around it's that very same man who ends up helping him reach the next level.

Prediction: Koga managed to defeat all assailants alone but snapped in process and killed them all (the Bodyguards would have tried to capture assassins alive). In fact, he looks beat up precisely because of that: unlike Ohma he was just a bralwer, who had never killed anyone before so this shook him to the very core.

Also, thank for your great work HnG.

Group Leader
@AnimationDude
By "trampled for no reason" I really meant the way Koga apparently got shafted to make way for Ohma's return and people crying bloody murder over it in the last few chapters. As if it makes sense for Koga to be able to take out assassins who throw fucking knives at him while he's protecting Kazuo. As if Ohma coming back from the apparent dead is the most unrealistic thing in this manga (Reinhold stops a speeding race car with the sheer power of his MUSCLES.)

I think it would be an "unrealistic" idea for Koga to learn the Niko style. Rihito only learned the basics of the Kaiwan style after two years, so I'd find it a little hard to believe that he'd be able to learn what took Ohma years to master. Koga's dojutsu (lol) might make up for it, but I hope Koga goes more into the "beat them with power and skill" style rather than "beat them with my super awesome named techniques" style. Because Ryuuki already has approximately half the Niko style under his belt, and it wouldn't be a stretch for him to learn the rest (and get humanized along the way!)

Dex-chan lover
Liquid Ohma will probably learn the rest of niko's style from Ohma, and Koga will probably either be a jobber for the rest of his life, or learn his own style and finally be a stronk boy.

@Dijon
To be fair, you can't expect everyone to react positively when they've been getting attached to this new protagonist for around 50 chapters only for the old protagonist to kick in the door in the door to outshine him with ease and have that new MC's first major death battle offscreened just when it was getting even better. To make matters worse it's questionable if Koga will heal in time for the Kengan vs Purgatory matches. Cuz just like you basically said, Koga isn't a true Kengan fighter yet so injuries like this can bench for awhile. No one's questioning the logic behind Koga getting hospitalized but they're not gonna enjoy seeing him get pushed to the side to show off how badass Ohma is either. That's all I'm saying.

"I hope Koga goes more into the "beat them with power and skill" style rather than "beat them with my super awesome named techniques" style. Because Ryuuki already has approximately half the Niko style under his belt, and it wouldn't be a stretch for him to learn the rest (and get humanized along the way!)"
This I 100% agree. Makes the most sense and honestly it's just all around better for Koga to win with his own style

Kind of disappointing that it was just some mystery transplant. I would have hoped for a plan the bread and Niko came up with, maybe a technic they developed together resulting in nerfing Omaha instead of a shady transplant nobody seems to know anything about...

Users who are viewing this thread