@nizvopizu friend? Do you think Abel truly care? The dude is a good person, but he does not have any friends, he does not feel anything, he does not feel empathy, he does not feel anger, he does not feel love, that is the kind of person Abel is.
He knows what is right and what is wrong, he does not consider anyone his friend.
He feels the same level of empathy to the dude that was about the rape the girl, and the girl, there is no difference for him, just 2 humans, one doing shit and the other being abused, the human being

edit: if that was to happen again, and he is not around to save her again, do you think he cares if she gets raped? I don't think so, he only came because he saw the fire ball, he was not even watching her or protecting her, he have the power, if he had done nothing, he would be an accomplice, and Abel knows that helping people is the right thing to do, he saved the world, not because he cares about the world, he did that because it was the right thing to do, he didn't because he felt it was the right thing to do, he did it because he learned that it is the right thing to do, dude is a truly psychopath(a psychopath is not evil, on contrary to what movies tell us, its a mental condition, just like autism).

@ Lazgrane
Not really a Boy Scout look at like this one dead noble = too much drama to deal with that interferes with magic research at current he studying the environment of the world to understand what happened to magic and y is it shit now so rocking the boat seems to not be a good idea now but later who knows

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that guy just drugged and tried to rape her. Let treat it as a joke and let him go so he can do it again to another girl.
Why not...

Dex-chan lover
another manga that trats rape as a joke and let the guilty go without any punishment...

@Kitsunestorm65 Yeah except I never saw such level of political insight from this autistic nerd

And beside, my comment was mainly for shounen mc in general, not just for this guy alone

Dex-chan lover
@Tearsax
Sadly the typical treatment of (attempted) rape, sexual harrassment, etc. in manga. It's probably the #1 thing I hate about them - how major criminal behaviour is nearly never being treated with the severity it deserves. Way too often the offenders get off with just a minor indignity like here, or maybe a minor beating.

The frequency and casualness with which sexual and psychological violence is shown in Japanese manga, just being seen as a minor incident and quickly forgotten, makes me really wonder the Japanese society sometimes.

@Narf
Yeah, you're right; we should turn this comedy manga into a body horror tragedy series like Franken Fran in order to see our misplaced anger issues realized.

Dex-chan lover
@Narf
Yeah, sadly is a trope and not only in manga, but also in manhwa or manhua. Not like we didnt see that too in western series or movies, but in asian comics the trope is TOO repetitive.
I remember one of the first times i come across this trope was looooooooooooooong ago in Koizora, a shojo manga i was leafing through. It was a major tragedy where all kinds of shits happened to the FMC. Well, i remember the FMC getting abducted and gang-raped in a van and when her boyfriend noticed he went with some dudes, beat the rapists, made them apologize to her and let them go while telling them not to do it again. I was like "the fuck just happened??" but since that series was full of stupid shit i didnt give it much importance.
The thing is that since then i took notice of this recurring trope, which i guess i didnt pay much attention before and, yeah, its freaking triggering.

@KojiroZERO
Exactly when did you come to the conclussion this is a comedy manga? Because you couldnt be more wrong LOL

Dex-chan lover
@KojiroZERO
How about just not using a major crime like drugging and raping people as "funny" plot device for a quick laugh? It's not like there would have been plenty of opportunity to create conflict without going down that route. Or if you really want to go down that route, make it have more of a consequence than the rapist being humiliated a little bit and being carried off into the sunset. Because it's really telling about somebody's character if they consider that appropriate. But yeah, keep doing your ad hominem, kid.

@Tearsax
I'm with you there. A few isolated cases could be explained with bad writing, a rare socially/morally defunct author, etc. Like you said, there are western stories where that happens, too. What is disturbing about is the frequency with which this kind of scenario, just as the one you just described from Koizora, keeps appearing, and for how long this has been going on now.

Supporter
Frankly, the only redeeming thing of this manga was the dragons face after being whipped by far superior magic user.

As it is, I'm done with any series that uses attempted rape as an excuse for plot movement.

Dex-chan lover
Well, our MC sure seems kind of morally compromised if he just lets that guy go with attempted rape, to a friend of his no less (or at least a "close" acquaintance).

I waited a month already knowing this nigga was gonna get away with it scot free, but still... just reading this shit irritates me to the fucking max🤦‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
Yes little dragon, fly that bastard away and preferably drop him into a volcano.

Dex-chan lover
@KojiroZERO
Does rape attempt with use of drugs look like a comedy manga material to you? I'm not against this plot device per se, but only if proper response is in order. I mean, no one expects MC to turn this guy into a pool of blood, but it's kinda irresponsible of MC to just send him off without at least teaching him a lesson (the kind he won't forget).
That said, the line at the end - "I've felt it for a while, but that guy really is dangerous", is it Abel's thought about this senpai? Maybe he is actually planning to do something about him?

Also, looks rather dangerous to ride a dragon with both legs to one side.

How/why is it 'depressing' that only one guy drugged new students?? (p. 16) edit: unless this is Eliza feeling ashamed/embarrassed that she was the only one duped?

Dex-chan lover
Makes ya wonder how many girls that guy has raped and will continue to rape as he is left unpunished.

Users who are viewing this thread