A False Confession - Ch. 39

SO IT BEGINS

I just wanna say I'm glad this was 39 chapters before the love story started. We got to get to know all the characters. The romance between the main characters feels fleshed out. Unlike a lot of manhua, manhwa, manga in this genre where it's love at first sight bullshit and they act super in love despite only knowing each other for 5 minutes.

Honestly I like Caleb and I think him and Renee have a stronger chemistry despite the awkwardness. You know he's could have developed genuine feeling for her as she helped with his insomnia for years before this story started. Despite his abrasive personality Renee has always treated Caleb kind and professionally. As well whenever Renee was trouble usually it was Caleb's words that put her mind at ease. Only thing is I think he genuinely has a dark past and Renee going to find a bunch of skeletons in his closet.

While Evlin is harder to say. On a surface level they appear to have the better relationship. As well their personalities are very similar. It's just their possible marriage is way too political. The beloved prince and leader of the Paladins marrying a priestess who ended a war by preforming a miracle and will most likely become a archbishop or a cardinal maybe even the pope in the future. They'd be the ultimate power couple. not to say Renee would mind she incredible practical. It just a sign he might not love her. Though Elvin does seem annoyed when Renee thinks he only nice because of her holy power.

Their is a chance Elvin has a crush on Renee even if he originally noticed her because of her divine power. Theirs only two problems I have with this.

1) he's only seen Renee at her best. A wise priestess who sprouts words of philosophers and generously attends wounded soldiers. He doesn't know the homeless orphan who has a past life of a over worked student. That only wants a carefree lifestyle. The girl who straight up refused to go to this war but change her mind cause of money.
If Evlin likes her it's an idealzed version of Renee he puts her on a pedestal. Not to say Renee is much better since she too is obviously in love with a idealzed version of Elvin. They both treat the other one like a saint not a person.

2) When Elvin tries to console Renee all he does is stress her out. He typical says the wrong thing or acts confused on why she worried about something.it was so bad it started to effect her divine power. She beings overthinking and ends up unable to take action. I could see her getting constantly depressed from Elvin's words in this series but he can't be blamed since he is trying to cheer her up it just that he doesn't get Renee and that goes back to how I said he puts her on a pedestal.

Yessss, thank you! Eager to see where this goes now. I really loved the backstory the past chapters.

The "false confession" trope seems light, funny, and cute but in reality, it feels really really bad. I can't help but feel sorry for Cabel who knows nothing and genuinely feels like someone was in love with him only to find out that that "someone" was only thinking about her own survival.

Kinda morbid if you ask me and that just puts Cabel in a really bad light. Does Renee really think that he'd kill him right then and there? If so, at this point in time, I don't think Renee deserves Cabel. He deserves much better.

I just hope the author redeems Renee and changes her way of thinking. I really like Cabel and hope they end up together.

Ahhhhh! It finally happened!!!!! He looks so cute when he smiles!

He’s definitely my favorite of the two love interests so I hope he’s end game! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Ooo she looks so pretty with her hair cut.

Thank you for translating this!!!

@ninjutsu_fury123 honestly this is the best comment ive read and i couldnt agree more with you! i'm so excited to see how their relationships will grow and change!!!

WE HAVE REACHED CHAPTER 1.

Seriously though, the last 30 chapters have been amazing.

@Suzyyy Yeah, the fact that he's so caring and accepted the conversation but she's thinking "I'm going to die" is kinda upsetting, since he did prove to be not that bad of a person to Renee.

Cabel’s smile. OMFGJDNJDJDND he’s so cute. i have been waiting for more of his screen time. too much of the blonde prince in the past episodes. me think he looks shady. 🥴

BE WITH HIM. YOU GUYS WERE MEANT TO BE. THAT GOLDEN HAIRED BOY CAN FIND SOMEONE ELSE

Users who are viewing this thread