A Rank Party wo Ridatsu Shita Ore wa, Moto Oshiego Tachi to Meikyuu Shinbu wo Mezasu. - Vol. 5 Ch. 64 - The Final Struggle in Vain

Dex-chan lover
i hate this MC, dude you don't have to be an altruistic saint 24/7, it's ok to let bad things happen to bad people. these evil people have been shown mercy by you multiple times already and they always come back and does something worse, this time they enslaved and almost raped and murdered your friends yet you still want to save them? ffs man.

Dex-chan lover
I got annoyed when he wanted to save them but then Simon doing his thing while also not caring for his comrades only for it to backfire, made me clap saying thank you author for doing this. Can only imagine what fun stuff is going to happen to them now but hope Jamie manages to escape from it. Thanks for the chapter.
Aye.. I really hope someone's going to slap yoke heavy handed into his face once >_> Like literally ALL problems were only caused by his repeated hypocrisy, I honestly think he'd still saved them even if that guy did r*** them.. ugh

Dex-chan lover
Nooo Jamie!!!! She was a good girl till the end next chapter will be glorious though!!
I really really really hope jamie survives.....they were all gonna be saved but Simon just had to fck it all up like a fcking clown
Please Jamie stay safe, even though she laugh at Yoke during earlier chapters, she redeem herself really well with those saves during this arc, and she didn't shittalk Yoke, it was the other girl who shittalk him iirc
Also I hope Simon get fucked really hard by those Orc creature then killed, no survive and continuing revenge shit
RIP Jamie

We may have found the best girl a little too late.

About that (spoilers, natch. Don't say you haven't been warned.)
From what I've read in terms of spoilers and people who have seen ahead in the raws or the WN, she does survive. But she won't stay with the party for reasons I won't get into to avoid spoiling too much.

Dex-chan lover
About that (spoilers, natch. Don't say you haven't been warned.)
From what I've read in terms of spoilers and people who have seen ahead in the raws or the WN, she does survive. But she won't stay with the party for reasons I won't get into to avoid spoiling too much.
Yep, Jamie survives, but if I remember right, she ends up in prison, because she takes the fall for Simon's actions. But a little before that, Yoke will offers her a place in his team as soon she ends her sentence. I don't know what happens next, because I didn't go further in the LN, since I got enough satisfied by the end of this arc.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
A bit annoyed they decided to have her die in the end like that. She wasn't even particularly prevented from rushing to the circle either, simply lying because she got punched and slightly dazed (but not enough to even prevent casting spells).
I really really really hope jamie survives.....they were all gonna be saved but Simon just had to fck it all up like a fcking clown
pff no way. Her surviving is about as likely as yoke getting out of that predicament with his teammates enslaved and forced to sign a statement though some kind of bullshit deus ex machina "suddenly falling into a monster hoard" development. No sane story would do anything as farfetched and suspension-of-disbelief breaking.
...Oh, wait.

Dex-chan lover
You know what really bugs me? In the LN, Yoke wasn't that "nice". He leaves Jamie, Simon and other idiots behind in cold blood without a second thought. Only when he's safe, that he thinks back about Jamie's actions and then decide to go back to rescue her.

It's clearly that the MC is much nicer here and that's a little worring, why?
Because in the LN, when Yoke get back in the dungeon to rescue Jamie, he ends up fighting with Simon and discover in this fight that Simon's armor has an ability to regenerate any wound of the user, and thinking exactly about this, that Yoke puts a special curse on Simon, somekind of death poison curse, which makes Simons melts from inside out in agonizing pain until death, but because of the armor, Simon enters in a loop of eternal suffering... Something that Yoke was expecting to happen!

If I remember right, in the LN, Yoke sends Simon to an agonizing fate, because he WANTED to make Simon suffer for an eternity. I want to see this here in the manga, but I already can see things taking a more softy turn here... I just hope I'm wrong and see the MC getting cruel over Simon.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You know what really bugs me? In the LN, Yoke wasn't that "nice". He leaves Jamie, Simon and other idiots behind in cold blood without a second thought. Only when he's safe, that he thinks back about Jamie's actions and then decide to go back to rescue her.

It's clearly that the MC is much nicer here and that's a little worring, why?
Because in the LN, when Yoke get back in the dungeon to rescue Jamie, he ends up fighting with Simon and discover in this fight that Simon's armor has an ability to regenerate any wound of the user, and thinking exactly about this, that Yoke puts a special curse on Simon, somekind of death poison curse, which makes Simons melts from inside out in agonizing pain until death, but because of the armon, Simon enters in a loop of eternal suffering... Something that Yoke was expecting to happen!

If I remember right, in the LN, Yoke sends Simon to an agonizing fate, because he WANTED to make Simon suffer for an eternity. I want to see this here in the manga, but I already can see things taking a more softy turn here... I just hope I'm wrong and see the MC getting cruel over Simon.
japs like to brush over and overemphatize how "kind" they are, it gets obnoxious and frankly god awful writing. It's like the batman will never kill syndrome that's why he'll actively save joker's life just to cause more victims but toned up to 11.

Dex-chan lover
Aye.. I really hope someone's going to slap yoke heavy handed into his face once >_> Like literally ALL problems were only caused by his repeated hypocrisy, I honestly think he'd still saved them even if that guy did r*** them.. ugh
Sorry, I'ma nitpick this a little. It's not hypocrisy. He's acting according to his princples even in regards to people who have wronged him and those he cares about directly. That's the opposite of hypocrisy. It would be hypocritical if he preached due process and then abandoned them because they attacked him.

I know it's frustrating but it's frustrating because he ISN'T being a hypocrite. That's the way it is, being consistent in your beliefs requires that you bear the burden of that frustration.

Double-page supporter
After reading peoples comments and the recent chapter glad i dropped at 43 a few days ago and jumped to current chapter as i seen in my feed as things happened as i expected. Brain dead Leaders that continued to ignore Simon and allow Clover to join in the Endless Darkness with said group they know hates him. Don't get why writers continue to go with this pointless drama as the story had been mostly about Simon and his "Revenge" for something he wanted.

Dex-chan lover
The nice guy trope goes a hair too far in most mangas in my opinion, and makes that character boring. Writers of fantasy fulfillment stuff know that the vast majority of people simply want a reason, any reason, to justify themselves.
The way Yoke's character is written is increasingly like why classical Superman is boring. He's lawful good at all times and by definition has to be right because of it.

While the melodramatic presentation really isn't my cup of tea. Think about Simon:
Everyone wants to be the hero of their own story and for a while he gets to be the hero. Viscerally, in a way that none of us ever will in our own lifetimes... Except he gets to see that die because we... weren't nice?
Hell, if the manga were from Simon's point of view, all we'd know is Yoke selling his soul to a dark god, confirming Simon got screwed out of something he perceived he deserves, and this would shift to a revenge fantasy manga.

It's a bit trite if someone's trying to make a statement on morality.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, I'ma nitpick this a little. It's not hypocrisy. He's acting according to his princples even in regards to people who have wronged him and those he cares about directly. That's the opposite of hypocrisy. It would be hypocritical if he preached due process and then abandoned them because they attacked him.

I know it's frustrating but it's frustrating because he ISN'T being a hypocrite. That's the way it is, being consistent in your beliefs requires that you bear the burden of that frustration.
Welp, you're right with what you're saying, but he said he'd protect them for sure doing whatever it takes pretty much (he's even gotten himself a death mark), but then he goes and doesn't do the one and only logical thing it'd take to ensure their safety for certain >_>.. I think I should've been more specific with what I meant.

Users who are viewing this thread