A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night - Ch. 59 - The Scumbag's Godsend

Dex-chan lover
... Someone will record and post this insane drama to social media. Hashtag Family feud, Lol

Dex-chan lover
No yeah absolutely like I was expecting some sort of fallout between Satou and Makino but then we jump right here. It feels like something is missing, but at least it's intense.
aye. very abrupt shift, and then things went to 11 really fast

....thinking about it some more, when pacing suddenly accelerates it's usually because a series got cancelled. I hope it's not the author wanting to hurry up and be done with the story. But it's probably not the case, right? I think she was just really excited to finally get to do this scene.

Dex-chan lover
Toxic mom tries to force daughter to drop out of school and get married. Teacher doesn't wanna let her. Toxic mom gets shit talked, Toxic mom brings up something traumatic for teacher, daughter fucking punches Toxic mom in the face. Daughter gets temporarily kicked out. Teacher and daughter gonna live together.
It's more about the pacing and suddenly having all of you thrown at you out of nowhere 🤨

Dex-chan lover
Man this is gotta be the first time I ain't rooting for a single character, the girl makes the most idiotic decisions( agreeing to the engagement just for the dough), teacher still keeps sleeping around despite wanting to get together and the mother is just a absolute bitch
She isn't sleeping around though... she's working. It's her job. Plenty of sex workers irl have perfectly normal, fulfilling relationships outside of their job.

Dex-chan lover
Get fucked mom lol

This manga always delivers. Every time there's a new problem/drama it just makes me excited to see how Makino is gonna absolutely idgaf her way through it.

You can't defeat this scumbag. All you end up doing is making her stronger (now she gets to live with Satou!).

Double-page supporter
THIS is what i needed to wake up in the morning, makino's parents are legitimately caricatures of controlling hardass parents that result in their kids being fucked up for life and its frankly shocking that her and her sister arnt way way waaay worse than they actually are. its like their parents are so tyrannical that they actually managed to beat the rebellious age out of their kids that would normally lead them to getting out from under the thumb of parents like these (usually in a bad way).
makino's no saint sure but if you really look at her behavior much of it is built off of a complete ignorance of the world she lives in due to her upbringing and a complete lack of self-confidence and direction since the only path in her life she's ever thought even possible is one picked by her family and one she already thinks she's failed at. makino isint getting any better from her life with her family so frankly the best thing that could happen to her is being disowned and living with a prostitute who's about to lose her only steady job. is this relationship going to be tenable? idfk but what chance at having a future does she have otherwise?
either way the story isint about to throw a completely realistic conclusion to this story anyway, some conveniently bad things are going to happen while makino and satou are going to make some bad choices because of them and then some conveniently good things are going to happen and somehow the 2 will have a conveniently better ending that doesent force makino to grow up as fast as she really needs to, but it will be a happy ending none the less.

Dex-chan lover
Almost everyone in this manga is scum but it is a sliding scale of scum.

Dex-chan lover
Beautiful to see the girls standing up for each other. And Makino probably letting out many years of anger and frustration in that punch.

Dex-chan lover
Confronts her mother, punches her in the face, and gets to live with the girl she likes.

What a nice day for Makino.

Dex-chan lover
what the fuck did I read, this read like a 14 year old who got told their parents aren't assholes for disciplining them randomly injecting that their parents beat them in public using an outlandish situation as a basis
stoned-cat.gif

and to everyone going "lol parents were abusive assholes, knew it" you are objectively silly and need emigrate offline to stop being a netizen for 10 years, this is just dumb and an excuse to move the scumbag and the crazy into the same household after writing themselves into a corner with the marriage and a probable 🪓 -kun

Dex-chan lover
those two hits were so satisfying.

i think that's the right compensation for how her mother raised her.
I wonder what her father thinks about the arranged marriage schtick because i think he wasn't involved in this process

Dex-chan lover
You, as a parent, cannot "woe is me" with a child, because how she is at 18 is directly caused by how you raised her, which for them was with disdain and uninterest, only caring about it after their "good" daughter was in a lesbian relationship

They raised the scumbag, they should face the consequences of raising the scumbag like a scumbag
Correct, but as a child you also can't pawn off all the responsibility for your terrible decisions on your parents. You can still achieve a degree of self-reflection and rise above. Which she didn't.

Also, cutting the scumbag off barring certain conditions being met is a perfectly reasonable response to raising a scumbag. At first it was going to school, which our heroine did half-assedly at best for the longest time while happily collecting her parents' money, and later it became marrying, which is super archaic, but our heroine also only used as a way to blackmail random dudes for hooker money.

Being a lesbian doesn't make you a saint. The "scummy" part in the title is well-deserved. People are way too quick to forgive someone just because they're the protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
what the fuck did I read, this read like a 14 year old who got told their parents aren't assholes for disciplining them randomly injecting that their parents beat them in public using an outlandish situation as a basis
stoned-cat.gif

and to everyone going "lol parents were abusive assholes, knew it" you are objectively silly and need emigrate offline to stop being a netizen for 10 years, this is just dumb and an excuse to move the scumbag and the crazy into the same household after writing themselves into a corner with the marriage and a probable 🪓 -kun
Yeah, we're just silly.

Dex-chan lover
@brainman that would be the case if they had normal conditions, which they originally kinda had (still treated her like a disposable person, but asking for better grades isn't ridiculous), but then switched into full "sell your daughter off" mode as soon as the other daughter closed them off by being gay (how horrible)

Sure, trying to fix your shit parenting can be commendable, but that's not at all what they're trying to do lmao

Dex-chan lover
Well that solves the arranged marriage drama. Not sure if this is gonna affect that creepy guy.
What kind of parent sees their child improve(albeit with questionable motives) and not be happy about it to think things over?
And to be fair, Makino had it coming when she accepted going through those interviews.

Users who are viewing this thread