A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly, so I Broke off Our Relationship and Made a Fresh Start at the Frontier as a Magic Swordsma…

Dex-chan lover
I feel that, they should have expanded upon the "verbal abuse" part a bit more.
I understand that being constantly said that a person is weak and powerless would hurt almost any person. But from a story point of view, only using that as a reasoning to move the plot forward, is a bit weak.
The Mangaka should have added atleast another page with flashbacks showcasing the Ex-GF hurling more verbal abuses at the MC, so that the point gets more solidified.

@icekatze thanks for the clarification.
But for once, I'd rather the manga version, where 90% is left to interpretation... Tough it does also leads to such derailing threads - we're so used to the usual, forceful dichotomy.

Good start! Bitch girlfriend, acting all haughty and mighty? Dumped! No whining and crying from the MC. No indecision. Gone. Good job.

Dex-chan lover
I know that the dude did little to nothing in helping her release her stress but what the hell your bf/childhood friend just broke up with you wanted to part ways and all she could do was a half assed apology as she sat down while she walks away... so that doesn't paint her too well

Fed-Kun's army
The name couldve been chosen better, it just sounds stupid, like any other F name couldve been better than a 1st grader swear word

Double-page supporter
I have no issue with him leaving an abusive partner. Pretty much everything that happens after that though...just sigh. This manga doesn't look like it's worth following.

Liu

Ahhh such a waste! The MC was a real man who breaks up with someone abusing him, not a weak gomenasai sht MC like in other mangas. It would have been better without him being like infinitely OP in terms of magic power.... The begining was so great, why do I feel like that OPness will just completely spoil the manga. They didn't have to add that part!

When u have op power inside u, then make a random girl horny on first grabbing her hand...
and u don't know what's going on

Lucky fellas ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dex-chan lover
While this is pretty bad, the starting scenario is questionable. Let me put this in perspective. Your partner is now successful and given a lot of responsibility. Due to the accumulate pressure, they became short tempered and prone to outburst. As their partner, are you going to abandon them now? Abandon them to pressure and stress? This is basically how midlife crisis men reacts to their wife changing under pressure of childbirth and child rearing, getting new hobbies and seeking adventures and affairs. If the relationship is physically abusive, then something needs to be done. However, in this case, the main character just has ego hurts and decided to rebel, not considering their partner trial and tribulation. It’s pretty sad when we let ego takes over in old age, forgetting the bond and seeking thrills over long term relationship.

Dex-chan lover
@duylinh
If a person belittles you all the time, tries to make it out like you're fucking useless, then fucking drop them.

MC was a platinum rank by his own right, yet she called him "useless". She blamed her incompetent teaching on him. She literally didn't even let him try magic, because she was a swordfighter. When MC dumped her, her response was "There's no way you can be an adventurer on your own!", which he actually already was. There's tsundere, which is only fine in fiction IMO, and then there is being a fucking useless toxic bitch because of 'stress'.

Dex-chan lover
From him and his girlfriends interactions despite being child hood friends it felt like he never once tried to talk things out with her.

Aggregator gang
@duylinh
You may have a point if the chapter implied that this was the first time that this has happened or if it happened very infrequently.

However, from the way she continues to arrogantly put him down when he shows frustration from her way of teaching and the fact that he had been pushed to this point more than once but ultimately appologised/ forgave her previously suggests that this relationship is bad for him. In fact she only appologises when he starts to physically leave, even then she downplays her actions, showing that she's too wrapped up in her own problems to recognise the pain she brings to him.

Also you do not have to stay with your partner if your personalities stop clicking, unless you have kids with them (even then in some situations it is better to leave). Staying will only build resentment.

Users who are viewing this thread