A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly, so I Broke off Our Relationship and Made a Fresh Start at the Frontier as a Magic Swordsma…

Aggregator gang
Alfine sounds way more normal than she did in the web novel.

Sure she realizes her mistake and how she was wrong later but at this poin in the wn she was still a spoiled kid who couldn't cope with the stress of her work and directed her anger to Finn also when she was issuing a search party for him she was saying “How dare he do that.He'll just come back” and etc. I remember people saying she was toxic in the comments.Here she looks just like a tsundere

Thanks 4 chapter
And we will have some tentacles in the next chapter ( ͡ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I honestly hope she doesn't find him for a long time.... I'm way more interested in him learning magic and picking monsters by himself than some spoiled brat drama.

Dex-chan lover
@Gladiator02 I'd say she's on the toxic side of tsundere, if at all. Most tsunderes I've seen have at least some desire to have a normal/dere romance, with some measure of equality. Aldine wants a servant, one she provides well for, but it's hardly a lover/partner relationship.

Wait, isn't that something else? Like hime-dere or something?

Supporter
First part of this with what's a 'fond memory' to her with the dragon really does look toxic and controlling. Being sure to belittle, etc.

you sure that "i'll even kneel before you if i have to" is alfine words to finn ? she doesn't looks like the one that will beg

Aggregator gang
Really felt bad for her seeing how he left not only gear and money but also momentos like the twin sword they bought to celebrate becoming adventurers.
I know he wants a fresh start but it’s a little sad to discard everything to the point it comes across like it never mattered.
Of course being unhappy can taint even good memories and let’s be honest her desire for him to grovel shows she has issues lol.

I’m enjoying this, can’t wait for more.

Dex-chan lover
You can really see the progression of their relationship in that flashback. On the one hand, Flint and Alfine did work decently together, and did have some consideration for each other's well-being. On the other hand, you can see hints of how this relationship became so toxic (the belittling, Flint getting pummeled while Alfine tries to 'power up', how Alfine handles stress and how that affects her relationships with others). It's probably not a surprise that Flint decided to leave everything behind- who'd want to be reminded of the relationship that made them miserable?

Now to see if that Noelia girl can keep herself from becoming like Alfine. I don't think she will, but if she does, it would seem like Flint attracts a certain type of women, huh?

Double-page supporter
A girl whose honest and a girl who isn’t.

@Catbot158 Basically Nisekoi, or other similar works to this, but MC chooses the different girl this time. That’s why I find this interesting. Not in it for the fantasy but relationship.

Double-page supporter
At first I thought "I've already read this chapter!" and then got halfway through and realized that they must have uploaded a chapter part previously. <.<

Dex-chan lover
Based off the 2 chapters and what I've read in the comments regarding spoilers I don't think Alfine is a terrible person. She's haughty, proud and clearly does not have any idea how to deal with her stress and takes it out on Flint but I don't think her intention is to purposely make him feel like shit. She just doesn't realize the ramifications of what she's doing to his psyche. So nah I don't think she's irredemable.

THAT BEING SAID, Flint is 100% correct in breaking off the relationship. Just because someone isn't a scumbag doesn't mean they still can't be the toxic part of the relationship and based of what I've read here and the WN, she was definitely that. Is she going through some issues with stress? Yes. But that doesn't mean he just has to take her abuse or whatnot.

That being said I do hope there is a chance of them reconciling their friendship in the future (I think the ship has sailed on the relationship bit) and they have a nice, earnest talk about what went wrong between the two of them to fully settle things in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread