A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly, so I Broke off Our Relationship and Made a Fresh Start at the Frontier as a Magic Swordsman

why do these authors try to fit the whole synopsis in the title instead of just coming up with something that sounds good lol

Dex-chan lover
Very generic manga. I mean... maybe acceptable for a no-brains late evening reading...
I don't like how the MC is just so immensely overpowered right off the bat.
I liked that he just walked out of the abusive relationship. That's a must, nobody should stay in an abusive relationship. Even the other background knights told the ex she should have been kinder to him. And no it was not teasing, it was abusive.
I'm honestly more saddened about the ex than anything else. You can see that she actually cared... She's basically psychologically damaged, and thinks expensive gifts are enough to show her affection. They're not obviously. Ending the relationship was the right choice on the MC's part

Not sure if I'll keep reading or not...

Honestly I feel kinda bad for the ex. Like yeah she turned evil somehow (funny how it hasn't been explained) but honest communication wasn't happening between either of them. It wasn't """power harassment""" it was plain old relationship abuse and neither party benefits from that situation. As far as the main characters ptsd goes blaming that all on the ex is what really makes me feel bad. Considering that they fight strong monsters and might die, him training hard should be expected. Feels like he relied too much on her to train him and she began to see him as a liability or a chore. Not that it excuses her abusiveness in literally any area, but both characters are pitiful. Also the story is bog standard garbage.

if you dont like manga with characters that you really fucking hate and really annoy you then dont watch this, the ex is an absolute bitch btw

Nei

Dex-chan lover
"The ex is an absolute bitch" I mean no. A relationship is not just a 1 person thing, the fact that instead of trying to fix it he is like "yeah my childhood friend and girlfriend who was sweet and I loved her or some shit anyway now I have confidence let's break up" shows that the author probably fucking sucks at writing and probably doesn't understand what a relationship is. Should you read this manga? Fuck no. Not even to kill some time. I would recommend you to read some shitty generic otome game isekai 100 times more than this tbh.

Finally the mc leaves the abusive tsundere
God i hate tsunderes who think just because they love the person means they could physically and mentally harm them so this was a great find for me ^^

What a hidden gem love how they still show black hair girl in the story instead of droping the xgf and moving on in most storys giving it a 9 maybe 10 later on have see how story gos, if they can explain xgf how she treated him lead to him leaving and somhow she understands then i'll be bit more happy

I thought there wouldn't be a character more annoying than stuck up, inconsiderate tsundere ex but then
the stuck up noble dude shows up, whatever happens to that chick I hope it's not ending up with that brat. Though maybe he'll make her appreciate MC a bit more.

Dex-chan lover
Why is the rating for this so low? It’s pretty good, definitely would continue reading. Someone who gave this a 6, enlighten me.

Users who are viewing this thread