A Very Popular Idol Classmate Has Taken a Liking to Me, A Person Who Doesn’t Want to Work for my Whole Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Money = Power③

Dex-chan lover
Last chapter I said she did the towel thing on purpose. This chapter she continues "subtly" hinting that she wants more.

And that's so dumb. Not just because it's toxic, but also because it contradicts itself. If she can't get a boyfriend, there isn't even any illusionary chance she could end up with one of the fans. Well, there might be a delusionary chance...

Gravity is hard.

She's cuter when she wakes up, though.

It would be interesting. She could give him the title "home manager" or something that sounds fancy.
Don't know what to tell you it's just how it is. The idol industry is supposed to be really tough on the girls as well. Restricted diets controlling even their downtime and harsh training for singing, dancing, and acting. The closest you'll get in the west would be things like Hololive. Those girls are limited in what games they can play.

Dex-chan lover
It is dumb and toxic. I wish idol companies didn't financialize parasocial relationships to delusional fans. It's true though, she's probably contractually forbidden from having a relationship.
Probably, yeah.

Is that the reason MC is hesitant to see her as his working wife? Maybe, that or he just thinks she's out of his league. Either way it's frustrating because she's his dream woman who keeps giving him the ecchi.
I don't think he thinks she's out of his league, or at least not as the main point, since then he wouldn't deny it so much. It seems mostly that he's thinking about her being an idol. She doesn't mind, though.

Also thanks for pointing out her gravityless boobas. I will always criticize anatomically weird fanservice. Artists, please reference actual breasts.
Wasn't me, just responded to it, but I might've done it anyway. I mean, I've seen worse than this, to the point where it's just as jarring as black box censoring. I also find a lot of fanservice just not to my tastes for other reasons, but that's beside the point.

You might be underestimating just how crazy fans can get.
Don't know what to tell you it's just how it is.
Yeah, I know how it is. Those fans are batshit insane. I can't even relate to how toxic, dumb, and crazy they are. I have trouble even relating to a far lesser version of it, where everyone starts to hate someone for dating a popular girl in class, as if she belongs to them. I mean, I can see why they like their slave isekais, what with all the ownership they feel entitled to.

Dex-chan lover
So what I'm getting from MC's flashback is he wants to be a househusband that looks after the bread-winning wife so she wouldn't ditch him like his mother did.

Little did the naive MC know, no matter if you're the househusband or the breadwinner, women these days will find a reason to drop their responsibilities and walk out on their families to be 'free' when they have no idea what they're really doing, including how their brash decision will affect the families they leave behind.

Dex-chan lover
So what I'm getting from MC's flashback is he wants to be a househusband that looks after the bread-winning wife so she wouldn't ditch him like his mother did.

Little did the naive MC know, no matter if you're the househusband or the breadwinner, women these days will find a reason to drop their responsibilities and walk out on their families to be 'free' when they have no idea what they're really doing, including how their brash decision will affect the families they leave behind.
Careful there. People get mad if you criticize women equally for doing shit men do and call you an incel.

Dex-chan lover
Careful there. People get mad if you criticize women equally for doing shit men do and call you an incel.
I'm aware that men do this, as well, and it has become a chaotic cycle of who leaves whom first. I'm just making a point that if women are going to criticize men, there should be no reason for the opposite to not happen. Incel, sexist, fascist, these and other terms have lost meaning with repeated use for me to not care at this point.

Dex-chan lover
I'm aware that men do this, as well, and it has become a chaotic cycle of who leaves whom first. I'm just making a point that if women are going to criticize men, there should be no reason for the opposite to not happen. Incel, sexist, fascist, these and other terms have lost meaning with repeated use for me to not care at this point.
Ya I wasnt disagreeing with you at all. I just wanted to point that out in a joking way before people start being cringey and scream incel.

Dex-chan lover
Ya I wasnt disagreeing with you at all. I just wanted to point that out in a joking way before people start being cringey and scream incel.
Ah, well I am one who can't read sarcasm, especially in text, but I appreciate the clarification.

Dex-chan lover
We finally found her. His mother is the perfect woman for Ging.

Dex-chan lover
Might be. More likely the translator does not really understand english as most of the mistakes are pretty easy to spot.
also the japanese like how they translated that it goes good with meal, which probably is meant to be rice, as ご飯 can mean both.

Dex-chan lover
And that's so dumb. Not just because it's toxic, but also because it contradicts itself. If she can't get a boyfriend, there isn't even any illusionary chance she could end up with one of the fans. Well, there might be a delusionary chance...

Probably for the same reason simping classmates are a thing: they idolize (heh) such people, put them on pedestals and woe betide anyone who "sullies" the purity of their object of worship. Regardless of the feelings of said person, of course. Of course is toxic AF, but idol industry is built on it and brings insane amounts of simps' money, so idol companies allow and even encourage such behaviours as long as it works. And if it doesn't, graduate the girl and get another one, rinse and repeat.

Dex-chan lover
And if it doesn't, graduate the girl and get another one, rinse and repeat.
So highly regarded, yet so disposable.

Yeah, I mentioned that classmate version before as well. Can't relate to that bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
So highly regarded, yet so disposable.

Yeah, I mentioned that classmate version before as well. Can't relate to that bullshit.
I believe it's related to the fixation with purity in Japanese culture (as far as I heard). We in the west have outgrown such thoughts, but it's still big in Japan and they sometimes take it to concerning and insulting extremes. Have you ever heard the term "used goods"? It frequently comes from there.

Dex-chan lover
Have you ever heard the term "used goods"? It frequently comes from there.
Used goods just means someone with experience to better please you. If you think about it reasonably. But these people don't. And I wouldn't say it's strictly Japanese either and doesn't exist in the West.

Dex-chan lover
3b5.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Used goods just means someone with experience to better please you. If you think about it reasonably. But these people don't. And I wouldn't say it's strictly Japanese either and doesn't exist in the West.
I meant it in the usage as derogatory term. Even here you can see it in the threads of mangas that deal with the issue. I know that the concept also exists in the west (slut-shaming), but is also a big thing over there.

Dex-chan lover
I meant it in the usage as derogatory term. Even here you can see it in the threads of mangas that deal with the issue. I know that the concept also exists in the west (slut-shaming), but is also a big thing over there.
I know.

Users who are viewing this thread