A Very Popular Idol Classmate Has Taken a Liking to Me, A Person Who Doesn’t Want to Work for my Whole Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Money = Power③

Supporter
Because that's a career-ending scandal waiting to happen, girl. If you weren't a famous idol with your share of loony, crazy and borderline-criminal fans (not taking into account internet) and your classmates who wouldn't take kindly to you sharing a home with a male that's not them, it would have worked out. But on these conditions...
Counterargument: Breakfast.

those whole 5 pages of under boobs really is necessary
Ahem. "Sleeping posture."

Dex-chan lover
I dont know but something feels...off with the poses. Like yeah its nicely drawn but something feels so strange I cant like it

Dex-chan lover
Dunno, the underboob pictures kinda lose their appeal when it looks like they're straight outta /r/BoltedOnTits. Takes all the hotness out of it. They're not supposed to look like this when resting on your back.

Dex-chan lover
man , i wish there was the LN for this series at my local kinokuniya

Dex-chan lover
MC: I just want to be a home husband to a successful working wife.
FML: I'm a successful idol who just wants to be taken care of, move in with me!
MC: OH NO WHAT SHOULD I DO? A beautiful girl wants to give me everything I want, what a quagmire.

I usually give the author time to cook and show us some backstory for why the characters aren't doing the obvious thing. But here I think the author is just toying with us. It's so dang obvious it hurts my feelings.
Maybe he didn't have time to see her as someone to marry since they had little time together at all, much less romantically. Or you get a bit suspicious since it's "too good to be true". Also, though the girl is cute and spaghetti is showing a bit, this isn't a fuufu ijou yet. If that is not developed, I reserve the right to join you :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
Well at least the house husband MC is becoming more common.
And it's better
"look, you are decent person and know how to cook and take care of the house you will get the girl"
"look, if you are not a shit person you will get the girl"

Dex-chan lover
345318038_1298787807379341_5092522100657520974_n.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I would love if they do end up renting a whole new apartment to live together, because usually in the stories where the girl is rich and is providing the money she already has the big apartment for them to live together set up so the move usually happens in the second chapter but I honestly wasn't really expecting the whole let's get a new apartment together here. Maybe that was stupid of me, because it would make sense since he would have to sleep on the couch the whole time otherwise but I this was somewhat unexpected for me

Dex-chan lover
Last chapter I said she did the towel thing on purpose. This chapter she continues "subtly" hinting that she wants more.

It's because she's an idol. Idols aren't even allowed to have boyfriends because it "could break the illusion that they could end up with one of their fans". So it's not about what he wants (to be a house husband) and more about her carrier.
And that's so dumb. Not just because it's toxic, but also because it contradicts itself. If she can't get a boyfriend, there isn't even any illusionary chance she could end up with one of the fans. Well, there might be a delusionary chance...

Dunno, the underboob pictures kinda lose their appeal when it looks like they're straight outta /r/BoltedOnTits. Takes all the hotness out of it. They're not supposed to look like this when resting on your back.
Gravity is hard.

She's cuter when she wakes up, though.

I would love if they do end up renting a whole new apartment to live together
It would be interesting. She could give him the title "home manager" or something that sounds fancy.

Dex-chan lover
And that's so dumb. Not just because it's toxic, but also because it contradicts itself. If she can't get a boyfriend, there isn't even any illusionary chance she could end up with one of the fans. Well, there might be a delusionary chance...
It is dumb and toxic. I wish idol companies didn't financialize parasocial relationships to delusional fans. It's true though, she's probably contractually forbidden from having a relationship.

Is that the reason MC is hesitant to see her as his working wife? Maybe, that or he just thinks she's out of his league. Either way it's frustrating because she's his dream woman who keeps giving him the ecchi.

Also thanks for pointing out her gravityless boobas. I will always criticize anatomically weird fanservice. Artists, please reference actual breasts.

Dex-chan lover
It's because she's an idol. Idols aren't even allowed to have boyfriends because it "could break the illusion that they could end up with one of their fans". So it's not about what he wants (to be a house husband) and more about her carrier.
Probably also thinking about his own social survival, trying to avoid being thrown into celeb turmoil or even straight up murdered by one or two crazy fans

Dex-chan lover
You might be underestimating just how crazy fans can get. To give some perspective, Oshi no Ko isn't claimed to be based on any true stories, but almost every event is actually a retelling of something that actually happened. It is actually quite common for idols and similar talents to have to move 2 or 3 times in a year because stalkers manage to track them down and wait outside their door or even break in, and there have been more than a few that were killed by their fans when it got out that they were actually in a relationship.
That kind of culture is starting to go away, but those crazy fans are still the majority in Japan, and the really scary part is that similar problems are actually starting to arise outside of Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread