Accounts compromised via phishing sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also got a friend request accepted it by mistake but unfriended right the minute after ๐Ÿ˜‚ I should've known friends is a lie ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…

Aggregator gang
i was wondering who would add me as a friend, saw that green notification icon and was freaking out for a bit.

Dex-chan lover
I can't say that requiring Discord to get any help in that is something I support. You should at least have an email adress set up which people which can be used by people who do not have Discord.

https://mangadex.org/user/255760/paiza24
sent a friend request don't know anyone here
very suspicious

My heart nearly jumped when i saw the announcement and i realized that i was logged out of my account. Luckily all was well

use a password manager everybody!! https://pfp.works/ is one that turns a master password into site-specific ones. though password managers don't really help if you expect the strange url site to be legit because the normal one was down.

I got a friend request n I accepted it cos I thought someone wanted to be my friend.... came on here n realised the truth. Deleted them now n never went on the link.... back to my manga n tiktok videos.

Oh ok lol, I just realized I got a friend request but after clicking on the profile turns out they were banned. Thanks for the warning

Aggregator gang
Got a random friend request too, immediately deleted it. Thanks for keeping us in the loop, MD staff!

I wish there was a way to use 2fA without an authenticator app, but it's definitely better than the alternative

Ahhh, so that explains the friend request... Here I thought someone could actually tolerate me. Oh well!

It really kind of baffles me how people can fall for such silly tricks year-after-year. I wonder if the MangoDux(tm) team can keep it under control, or if they will be forced to develop a simple two-step authentication? It's like a neverending fight of silly bullshit with these obnoxious "nigerian prince's".

Dex-chan lover
Imagine being under the age of 60 and still enter your information into random forms on the internet without checking what website you are on.

I accepted that friend request though.... Will anything serious happen just by accepting the request?

@Holo - Well, damn. I honestly haven't looked too deeply to notice. That's good to know! It would be a big improvement to peace of mind if more community members used it -- particularly mobile users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread