Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku - Vol. 12 Ch. 69 - The Sounds Playing

Dex-chan lover
Damn if this chapter isn't gay enough I dunno what it is anymore, and If this do not end up Yuri Author is doing hell good of a job for Yuri baiting us all.
Come on the gay is overflowing from komichi and Erika, even the whooooleeee classroom noticed it , everybody knows it but themselves.

Banned
Holy mother of yuri kino...never would i have guessed to Akebi-chan getting yuri. The signs were there with goggles, but damn...this might actually get somewhere. I still wont get my hopes up, though. Got burned way too many times..

Dex-chan lover
i don't think i've ever thought of this manga as a love story before this chapter. how the hell?
i don't remember a lot of the manga but it's not like the pieces aren't there. there was a whole 'what is love' arc and, iirc there are even explicitly gay girls around.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, fall in love again and again.

F2Q58suaUAA0YD9

Double-page supporter
The great and magnificent Ian McCulloch once sung: "Who wants love without the lust?" That's what I think when i read this manga.
I need to see those to 69ing

Dex-chan lover
'it's up to interpretation' You remind me of Bandai.:kek:
I don't remember them having an engagement and then all those rings on their fingers. In any case, it's easier to just wait for some kind of ending than endlessly wasting time arguing about yuri.
Everyone's donning yuri goggles here and I'm just enthralled by the chuunibyou of it all.

It is pretty clear the author wants a yuri route though, I just don't want it to be Akebi. She's for everyone.
It's silly to deny that the author never teased this, but this is the type of manga where people declare every female friend of the female protagonist to be her girlfriend because "they are friendly with each other". If you want, you can, like many others, pretend that Komichi has a yuri harem and not worry about it lol.
The great and magnificent Ian McCulloch once sung: "Who wants love without the lust?" That's what I think when i read this manga.
I need to see those to 69ing
This is how Class S and akogare in general work, Bromance taken to the extreme where it can border on romance but zero sex drive. However, as I said above, it's easier to just wait for further development than to waste time arguing about yuri every time the author publishes a visually rich chapter on character interaction. At least the author is not such a fat troll as KyoAni with their constant romantic metaphors even for the scene where the character passes the eraser to another.
This bait is large enough to catch a shark, Jesus
By Western standards? Very, very much. In Japanese, it is primarily a rich visual language with an iceberg effect. The calculation is that the reader himself will read things as he wants. But this does not mean that there will not be or will be yuri, I have seen so many different bait to realize that everything depends on the author in each case.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i don't think i've ever thought of this manga as a love story before this chapter. how the hell?
i don't remember a lot of the manga but it's not like the pieces aren't there. there was a whole 'what is love' arc and, iirc there are even explicitly gay girls around.
Because it never was. The essence of this manga is in the nostalgic depiction of female youth, including through a rich visual language. It was never marketed as romance or yuri. This does NOT mean that there will be no yuri, just that it will not be the main theme. This is why so many real yuri manga never have those tags (I'm talking about manga without a tag, but with a real yuri subplot, not any "oh, they're close, so they're lesbians!"), it's just not the main genre of the story.

Well in page 38 originally Erika said

"私 に...つき あってほしい" which means like a confession in japanese, but in some situation it can also mean you want to do something with someone so deeply. In this case, it probably the second meaning but i think its also a wordplay from the author.(sorry if my english is bad)​

Dex-chan lover
I love that their friends are totally on board and shipping the two of them so hard. I could see them in the future, composer and choreographer working for the Takarazuka Review

Users who are viewing this thread