Akuma Koujo - Ch. 22

Group Leader
Welp. I had been hoping for the best since this is a really fun part of the WN

So this chapter covered chapters 15, 16, and 17 of volume 6 basically bringing us to the end of the volume. Going to go into spoiler tags for my rant in case people want to read the WN.

THEY CUT SOOOO MUCH, THEY LITERALLY RUINED THE CLIMAX OF THE WHOLE TOKYO ARC. So I understand if this is getting the axe due to poor sales, but otherwise I have no idea what they are doing since they decided to cut what would have been some amazing chapters. They cut her protecting Misa, Dad-chan, and Misas daughter. They cut Yuuki and Onza helping her fight. They cut them taking down the crazy Isekai girl. They cut her attendents one on one fights with the gods minions. Also, this was a massive battle with thosands of demons and onis because they were summoned by that god thing and Noa. They -might- have cut Onza and her grandpa dieing and becoming her puppet demon things.....this was actually a really hard fight for her since she was outnumbered even with her demon army and she had no easy way to replenish her mana....

Anyways I'm really disappointed. I get it if this is getting the axe, which wouldn't be a suprise since sales aren't that great, but otherwise it's just crazy. Only way I could see them salvaging it is to start over at the beginning now.

Still going to translate it because I love the series, but I can only imagine how little sense this made to people who only read the manga

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That was anticlimactic… wonder what they’ll do next arc, consider how different that will be. Doubt they’d plan for this to go much further as it will start to feel messy when we lack so much lore as we’ve skipped arcs.

Dex-chan lover
I have a feeling that to people who hasn't read the wn, the entire finale of this arc is going to have felt like bullshit pulled out of nowhere one after another, if it follows the wn. Since pretty much everything is prior established stuff that the manga skipped entirely by changing the order of things like this.
someone explain what happened pls
..I'm assuming this might get the axe soon, otherwise I have no idea what they are doing.
feels like my feeling might have been correct.

Dex-chan lover
As much as I like this manga, you have no clue who anyone is because they skipped to this arc. The appearance of those four is really jarring. Somewhat disappointed but was still some good art.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Err wow that was underwhelming to say the least. Was kinda looking forward to seeing how they’d adapt the WN stuff but guess that was a no go. Hades I don’t even thing we saw that one twat get killed after learning she ain’t nothing.

Dex-chan lover
Wow you can really feel the axe hovering over the adaptation teams necks like the sword of domiciles. The last few chapters have been truly jarring, and I can only express my sympathies to those that have read the web/lite novels.

Group Leader
feels like my feeling might have been correct.
I've read the WN lol. This chapter was just super rushed compared to the mangas pacing up to this point. If it's not getting axed the only explanation I can think of is that they realized how confusing this would be to anyone who hadn't read the source material and want to either move on to the next arc where they can get a somewhat fresh start to establish all these characters or start over from volume 1

I see this adaptation seems to continue dropping the ball in the strangest ways possible, thanks for the translation though.

Dex-chan lover
This is actually a good example on how to NOT do your adaptation, from a master piece of a novel (for me personally) to a master piece of shit that this has become :huh:

Like good god I felt bad that Lev has to go out of their way to tl this hoping it would improve as time goes, but I guess the axe is closer than I thought

Dex-chan lover
As much as I like this manga, you have no clue who anyone is because they skipped to this arc. The appearance of those four is really jarring. Somewhat disappointed but was still some good art.

Thanks for the translation.
Yup, I have no clue who anyone is or what's happening. Such a shame, it started out so well.

MDC

Dex-chan lover
Man, that's such a bummer, it started so well and now after reading the spoilers I'm ultra dissapointed. This was axed in such a horrible way.

Dex-chan lover
bruh really asked that when someone provided a link right above your message, its one thing if this thread had multiple pages but we only have 1 page
that website tells me how many are translated and not where i can actually read those chapters, thats why i asked in the first place, but thanks for nothing lol

Users who are viewing this thread