Akuma Koujo - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
I’m sure this isn’t confusing to any potential manga readers at all. Rather, Yurushia’s (full) return and Rinne don’t mean anything because the multiple arcs with them were just skipped over.

Confused who this is for. Usually adaptations are there to increase sales for the original right? Can’t imagine manga onlies being interested in the novel after reading this…

Dex-chan lover
6 months have passed after the stabbing yet all the people around MC aged at least 10 years? :question:

Yeah, there's no goddamn way people who haven't read the source material have any idea what's going on.
Yeah i read this arc in the web novel, and even then i got confused a lot back then. The manga make it easier to understand, but those who didnt even read the arc of yurushia as a princess will be more confused.

I think this was after she defeats one of 7 demon lord or something...

Dex-chan lover
I see I have the opportunity to be a pompous snob and can say I know exatly what’s going on despire being a manga only reader:

I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Ok that’s not true, I am able to kinda parse this. But the translation or just the general dialogue is not helping( I can’t tell which is more at fault for this word salad). Nonetheless, this is kinda alienating to anyone that doesn’t read the light novels (I don’t) and jarring in a moderately frustrating way, given that I’ve enjoyed what has been shown so far. It almost feel like I’m being told I’ve wasted my time until this point, which needless to say kinda sucks.

Dex-chan lover
I’m sure this isn’t confusing to any potential manga readers at all. Rather, Yurushia’s (full) return and Rinne don’t mean anything because the multiple arcs with them were just skipped over.

Confused who this is for. Usually adaptations are there to increase sales for the original right? Can’t imagine manga onlies being interested in the novel after reading this…
Maybe it’s intentional, and they’ve just changed the order? Like with Kumo isekai.

Dex-chan lover
This is a really aggressive sales tactic to force us to buy the novels to understand wtf we missed.

Unfortunately it did the opposite and made me not want to even read the novel at all.

Dex-chan lover
This is a really aggressive sales tactic to force us to buy the novels to understand wtf we missed.

Unfortunately it did the opposite and made me not want to even read the novel at all.
I promise the first arc that actually establishes Yurushia as a character is kino and you should read it. Really weird that they left out the literal only reason you’d care about anything.

Group Leader
I see I have the opportunity to be a pompous snob and can say I know exatly what’s going on despire being a manga only reader:

I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Ok that’s not true, I am able to kinda parse this. But the translation or just the general dialogue is not helping( I can’t tell which is more at fault for this word salad). Nonetheless, this is kinda alienating to anyone that doesn’t read the light novels (I don’t) and jarring in a moderately frustrating way, given that I’ve enjoyed what has been shown so far. It almost feel like I’m being told I’ve wasted my time until this point, which needless to say kinda sucks.
Yeah.. I'll bounce this off some people and see if I made mistakes, but the time travel stuff is just hard to understand in general no matter what since she's talking about 3 different lives all at once basically (and also Manga readers know almost nothing about her life as Yurushia)

It's confusing even in the WN but the thing is... the WN has already established a lot of this so they could get away with incomplete explanations. It's like: Why did she age 6 months while everyone else aged way more..dunno, Manga doesn't bother to explain. Hell, I only know how old they are supposed to be due to the WN..

I'll try to make it at least a little easier to understand if I can though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread