Akumade Amai Watashi no Kanojo - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - Still a Demon (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
Luna seems like a real piece of work.

Maybe not bad enough to deserve getting hit with a penance stare or whatever, depending on how far that goes.
Until she shows interest in Mai she’s in the clear for me

If Luna dumped her and only wants her back now that her boyfriend is gone then she needs to be burned at the stake. If she broke up with her because she just isn’t gay then that’s totally fine and no reason to throw out an old friendship.

If Luna has no romantic interest in Mai then she’s not being a bad friend here, let’s be real Riri has so many red flags. Luna is 100% right, that girl is a demon and not trustworthy.

Dex-chan lover
She's jelly
Or she’s just worried about her friend, let’s be real, Riri has so many red flags and Mai is the type to not see them. She goes out with Riri knowing full well that she is a succubus who wants to eat her life force. She got a job at a bakery just to fuck all the dudes there and leave and is interested in Mai specifically because she tastes good. Riri is a disloyal hoe and you know it.

Dex-chan lover
I get where Luna is coming from and I also understand Riri's reaction to basically being called a slut by her gf's ex, Mai is gonna have to step up and grow a backbone a little in order to navigate the relationship, that was a long time coming tbh can't fix everything with parfaits
Riri is 100% a slut, she fucked all the guys in the bakery

Aggregator gang
Luna could go either way, at this point, but overall context doesn't make her look great.

She could be someone who keeps Mai around for convenience, feels entitled enough to show up to her house unannounced because she didn't hear from her even after breaking up, and decided to run off interference in that convenient relationship (while lying about the nature of their previous relationship to the new girlfriend).

Or, admittedly, she could just think 'we're friends, that relationship thing was an awkward hiccup in our friendship' and everything tracks that way too, though it's a little...oblivious, in a potentially harmful way.

When the post-breakup relationship came up before it was treated like it was an example of Mai being a doormat, though.

Supporter
Luna could go either way, at this point, but overall context doesn't make her look great.

She could be someone who keeps Mai around for convenience, feels entitled enough to show up to her house unannounced because she didn't hear from her even after breaking up, and decided to run off interference in that convenient relationship (while lying about the nature of their previous relationship to the new girlfriend).

Or, admittedly, she could just think 'we're friends, that relationship thing was an awkward hiccup in our friendship' and everything tracks that way too, though it's a little...oblivious, in a potentially harmful way.

When the post-breakup relationship came up before it was treated like it was an example of Mai being a doormat, though.
Yeah, without re-reading the earlier chapters my recollection is that Mai has been on-again off-again with Luna, and that it seemed to the people around Mai that it was because she was being treated like an easy fallback option. In which case, definitely not looking great . . . but if there's more context then perhaps not necessarily so bad.

So far here, though, she's been more worried friend than manipulative ex. We'll have to see . . .

Dex-chan lover
Please bring back the honorifics. It's not the 90's anymore, anyone who reads manga regularly is already familiar with all of them. There's no reason to take them out, you're removing information from the text for no actual purpose. Why? Do you think it looks "cleaner" somehow or something? Cause I can assure you nobody reading cares about that. Information loss during translation is inevitable, but you're cutting context from the original text completely unnecessarily here, and for what? Subjective aesthetic appeal? Please stop.

Great chapter though, i bet Riri's really gonna regret this outburst once she calms down. Mai's definitely gonna be scared of her now.

Last edited:
Or she’s just worried about her friend, let’s be real, Riri has so many red flags and Mai is the type to not see them. She goes out with Riri knowing full well that she is a succubus who wants to eat her life force. She got a job at a bakery just to fuck all the dudes there and leave and is interested in Mai specifically because she tastes good. Riri is a disloyal hoe and you know it.
Ya sure shes not being manipulative? She could have warned mai discreetly but she choose to slam the door right in front of riri and causing all this trouble for mai.

Edit: i clicked on the wrong reply i was answering himi-cat

Users who are viewing this thread