Akuninzura Shita B-kyuu Boukensha: Shujinkou to Sono Osananajimi-tachi no Papa ni Naru - Ch. 10 - Welcome Home

Dex-chan lover
The r*pe seems to be a manga original, light novel not sure if it happens and if it did it was probably the holy knight guy. I don't recall seeing it though
It was subtly alluded to in WN iirc....... But even if it didn't, as you said, that holy knight probably would do it anyway

Yay for ball buster arrow
where can i read it
The main page of this manga is your friend. It was there in the description list under official raw

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
if that slaver still is alive.. i do hope Gray will take his time to kill him. part by part.
good lord "whoops i didn't know you were a saintness." :D
he deserves to die 1000 deaths.

Dex-chan lover
if that slaver still is alive.. i do hope Gray will take his time to kill him. part by part.
good lord "whoops i didn't know you were a saintness." :D
he deserves to die 1000 deaths.
Slaver's gotta slave ... until he meets Grey Death. Ball removal too, please.

Dex-chan lover
This is one of the problems with modern Isekai stories: they often have the Isekai part happen at the beginning and then NEVER bring it up again, which makes you question why such a detail needed to exist in the story in the first place.

As much as I like this story, it also falls into this same category, in that the MC could be from this world and basically nothing would change. Well, aside from the whole "this is what would have happened if the MC didn't get isekai'd into this world" side/extra story, but even that could technically be handwaved as well without needing the Isekai.
I think isekai is now bad (at least for me) because theyre over done. Too much of them and also the quality bleeding as they come. Or thats just me loving them when i was a kid and now hating them as a grown up.

I just think that if they also over did those examples, it will just get bad over time if they dont have any attempt to make them fresh or something new somehow.
There two reason i can come up to question "why isekai?":
  1. For the sake of "representation" and "self-insert". Conveniently it's also answer questions of why reincarnated individuals are from school or corporate slaves along with unlucky, inferior and so forth, as it's main demographic. And its clearly working, judging how many isekais there is.
  2. For unorthodox/out-of-box thinking. For when author needed MC to act 'against' or 'despite' already existing norms or laws, that being unwritten, cultural, religious etc. Grey, for example, without his memories would fold under social pressure and turned into run of the mill thug with scary face.
Got to agree that this is overused, similarly like horror that relies on jump-scares or others tropes that used "For shock value". :aquadrink:

So he saves them, but they are saving him. Pottery.
shopping

heh heh pottery

(Love the PFP btw)

Dex-chan lover
I’m not crying! This isn’t heart wrenching because it’s so touching! YOU’RE crying! Shaddup!
skp5s.jpg

Dex-chan lover
  • From school
  • Corporate slaves
These are the two cash cows of manga authors. You might as well say as long as there is a company and a school, there will be INFINITE supply of authors writing isekai.
There two reason i can come up to question "why isekai?":
  1. For the sake of "representation" and "self-insert". Conveniently it's also answer questions of why reincarnated individuals are from school or corporate slaves along with unlucky, inferior and so forth, as it's main demographic. And its clearly working, judging how many isekais there is.
  2. For unorthodox/out-of-box thinking. For when author needed MC to act 'against' or 'despite' already existing norms or laws, that being unwritten, cultural, religious etc. Grey, for example, without his memories would fold under social pressure and turned into run of the mill thug with scary face.
Got to agree that this is overused, similarly like horror that relies on jump-scares or others tropes that used "For shock value". :aquadrink:
All welcome "The Mayonnaise and the Soy Sauce on Rice!"

Dex-chan lover
Holy frick... Is that really the backstory for a supposed "party member" for the Hero in the OG game? Is the Saintess actually meant to be one of the Antagonists? Quite a heavy-hearted RPG if so.
  • In the game, Isuka is the protagonist, but not the "Hero".
  • The corrupt church (in a nearby country) is abducting members of the future hero's party and putting them under the churches control.
  • They first abduct the Hero (using his fellow orphans as hostages), and start training him.
  • Then they abduct Ariamel (the Saintess), but in the process murder(?) the other children. (Except Isuka who somehow escapes.
  • Ariamel in her grief over the apparent murder of her entire second family kills herself.
  • Later, Isuka shows up at the church, wrecks the place, and defeats the Hero. Isuka suspects the Hero of killing Ariamel (not knowing that she killed herself).
  • That's as much as we know so far. We have no idea if there's something that the (presumed) Hero's party is/was supposed to fight. Certainly, the church seems corrupt as hell and villainous by itself.

Dex-chan lover
Complaining about too much "Isekai" is like complaining about too much guitars in music. It's the baseline theme for a lot of stories. And it's there because it allows the target audience to connect to the MC in this world. Yes, it's a bit self-centered. So?

What counts is the variation on the theme. What is this author doing differently? And are they doing it well? For this one:
  • "Fixing the game that I played" is a standard trope. What's different here is that the MC is only vaguely familiar with the game. That does impact his decision to intervene with the children. But other than that, he has no other guiding info, and just gets involved and does what he wants. So he's still, semi-unwittingly fixing the game. And thanks to that, we see what impact a good man has on these kids and this world. Message: Do the right thing, and you'll improve the world -- even if it's just on a local scale.
  • Past Life Knowledge: Mainly because it impacts what he wants. Theme: Family life, raising children. Isekai ties this back to target audience -- get a family before it's too late.
  • Kids aren't just little cuties. They're all ages and each have their own character.
  • MC is a standup guy, who isn't an edgelord (at all), but also has no qualms with killing villains. (His limited knowledge of past life might help here. JP isekai characters often wring their hands about killing.)
  • Soy sauce, rice and katanas: Thankfully skipped in this story. (JP cultural imperialism? Not this time!)

Dex-chan lover
"Fixing the game that I played" is a standard trope. What's different here is that the MC is only vaguely familiar with the game.
The funniest and best part about this story is the MC did not play the game. He mentioned he bought the game but hasn't even opened the box, so all his game knowledge is second-hand. So from that, we know that he is a genuinely a good person; he did consider the possibility he might mess up the game plot, but he decided he should do the right thing anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Took a peek at novel site's character introduction chapter mostly for the original game part. But damn the story sure don't look bright for a title of "Bright Fantasy"

Grey did make appearance in the original game, but no details about his original role there

Most of the nickname/title(?) of the kids were censored and only Ariamel's was disclosed probably because it was written around after this current arc that relates to her ended.

Isuca - MC of the game. Lived with the other children until they were attacked but the thugs. And after he found what happened to others...
Fio - Her death drove a kind boy insane.
Ariamel - Only appeared in flashback. "Saintess of Despair Ariamel" (絶望の聖女アリアメル)
Nina - Only appeared in flashback. "Girl of ◯◯◯◯" (◯◯◯◯の少女)
Stella - Makes appearance. However... "◯◯ of ◯◯ Stella" (◯◯の◯◯ステラ)
Lutz - Makes appearance. However... "◯"

Emilia - Basically an ally. If conditions are right...
Kasha - Appears as sub character
Halsaria - Appears as sub character and joins the party once. However...

Users who are viewing this thread