Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa UraBoss desu ga Maou de wa Arimasen - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Group Leader
Boy, oh boy, what a development we have here.

I mean, in her (the heroine) defense, she's supposed to have events that make her stronger, but because the MC takes all the credit for it, now she's just a too much innocent girl that believes whatever the prince said.

Thanks for the translation!
I know its a little cliche at this point but I still really like Villainess stories where the heroine is the one thats lousy, she is just so easy to dislike ~

This is what always turns me off on these otome manga. the heroen is ALWAYS bad. Like COMON. Can we get any originality here? It's so predictable. Why is it like this

This kind of trope is the one I like. The dark haired girl who for some reason never thinks about her past life. She's hated a crazy amount but just looking at her design and watching/reading her personality no matter the art style is incredibly calming.
Though if I'm commenting on the quality of the story it has some serious potential but it feels like they're deliberately missing every possible good plot twist and sticking with the boring cliches as if they're the only thing that could work. Such a shame because I really like this character's design which I have no doubts other Heroine vs Villainess manga have done before.

Dex-chan lover
@polemae definitely has that mean girls vibe. "Oh my god, Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white.,

Contributor
As always, thank you for your hard work!

I only realized this today, but given that all of the other personal names are actual European names, I'm fairly certain that her name is supposed to be "Eumelia" — a Greek name (spelt "Εὐμελία" originally) meaning "melody."

Alicia manages to be even dumber in the manga than in the web novel. Impressive.

Dex-chan lover
You know what, I respect that she had the audacity, stupidity or the sheer guts to just plop herself down in front of the person she suspects to be the demon lord (and knows to be level 99) and confront her to her face. At least she isn't one of those fake manipulative types; just an idiot. There's a chance that you can teach an idiot.

It's not an entirely unreasonable suspicion. What she's been told about the demon lord is that they will be extremely powerful and that they will be wielding dark magic. How doesn't Eumelia fit the bill?

Listen here you little shit. If she is indeed a demon lord, you will be deleted from existence for sure. Just wait for it to happen to you.

@blackLuna Seeing as how you've read some of the novel version, can you spoil me? Does Alicia ever stop being an idiot, or is she a dumb bitch who causes trouble for me MC all the way through?

Contributor
@pokperson1000

I've read all of what's been translated thus far (you can check the NU link), that said it's the web novel version, so there have been some differences thus far. I'd much rather not give any spoilers, but since you asked:

At least for the WN
the answer is no, and Alicia manages to get hysterical on top of that. That said, not all of the characters follow the typical templates.

Users who are viewing this thread