Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa UraBoss desu ga Maou de wa Arimasen - Vol. 4 Ch. 17.2

Dex-chan lover
I hope the romantic leads will do a public shaming to have her expelled and literally everyone else will be like, "whatchu talking about?"
Yeah, indeed. I do not think the expel is going to happen, considering that even the king is scared of her.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly don't understand this world.
You can get up to lvl 99, why isn't getting to lvl 99 a primary objective for everyone's life?
"But it is hard and dangerous" yet in a world like this there should be programs or even be a family duty to grow the child untill they can hunt for themselves in low level dungeons. That most people enter school at lvl 1 is unimaginable for me, especially with agressive wild animals, that they call monsters, being normal to encounter if one even think of leaving the city.

Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
It's a lot simpler than that
He took her 'my ideal partner is someone stronger than me' tactical refusal all the way back in ch 4 as literal (you see his feet in the one of the panels)

So he's been leveling to fulfil that condition.

Well, once he confessed about that effort she'll resolve the misunderstanding though so we don't get lv 99 couple

It's already drifted a fair bit off WN.
Like the maid poisoning her didn't happen at all.
We also get Alicia showing 'why' she's afraid of Eumi but also make efforts to befriends her.

At this point I'm not sure they can even go for that scene in the WN where
Alicia backstabbing Eumi right before demon lord fight
We do get lvl 99 couples, in the WN at least, though only after the game story is done and a little before
other world Emi shows up and they find out it is possible to go over lvl 99

Dex-chan lover
Ah, She's still just so freaking adorable. I actually don't mind her cluelessness. For some reason this level of dense is fine for her but if I see a male character do it I want to slap him.
I don't think it has to do with being a male or female character. It has more to do with what way they're being dense in, and what reasons they have for being dense. Most of the time, they're dense for the sole reason to delay any romantic progress, regardless of how little sense it makes.

Some characters are genuinely not smart enough to figure things out, and others have severe emotional hangups that prevents them from feeling that close to others.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it has to do with being a male or female character. It has more to do with what way they're being dense in, and what reasons they have for being dense. Most of the time, they're dense for the sole reason to delay any romantic progress, regardless of how little sense it makes.

Some characters are genuinely not smart enough to figure things out, and others have severe emotional hangups that prevents them from feeling that close to others.
Well said!
Yes, this being dense just for the sake of being dense is just maddening to me and it does seem to be mainly male MCs they make that way. She's pretty used to everyone seeing her as weird and was already emotionally undeveloped. So she does have a good excuse and it's executed well in this manga. So it just ends up making her cuter.
So anyway good point.

Dex-chan lover
We don't know yet, i'd say it's 50/50.

If it follows the novel, the demon king will resurrect, alicia will stab the mc in the back (literally) and the demon king will kill alicia and everyone of her idiots except the prince, who has mellowed on eumellia at that point, of course eumellia does survive but considering the weapon used against her might as well be her kyrptonite, patrick's gift to her being a scapegoat/proxy doll whatever the revive after death item that most of them use.
Since i'm spoiling stuff anyway she isn't kidding about patrick's level, by the time the demon king subjugation happens, he's already surpassed everyone except eumellia in the kingdom, being in the 70's if i remember right.
For what it's worth all of this happens in the first volume, we still have a few events to go but then the demon king should revive.
I'm not sure, but does the LN have a different path? I remember reading the WN and I don't remember Alicia seeing Eumilia as a black mass of smoke.

Users who are viewing this thread