Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa UraBoss desu ga Maou de wa Arimasen - Vol. 4 Ch. 17.2

Double-page supporter
Not exactly, using the xp up just makes it faster, there is nothing stopping one to keep the revival one and just take a few years more to reach lvl 99, which would not be a problem if they started levelling when they are 7 or 9 yo. Patrick gets to 99 in about 2 years so without the xp up it could be feasible to reach lvl 99 in 7 years using the revival item and going on level apropriated dungeons. Levelling has nothing to do with itens just time.
Eumiella also deliberately calls monsters to her with aggro flute, which is frankly more suicidal than not taking the revival accessory. Going back to that one field class of monster hunting, nobles that are situated more in the countryside do have hunting experience for the most part, but even then deliberately multiplying the amount of danger you're in just to gain more experience is kind of putting the cart before the horse? Central area nobles, on the other hand, are far from the problem areas and probably mostly work administrative jobs anyway, in which case having a high level is taking a risk for no practical reward.

I'd imagine past a certain point gaining more levels would also just be complete overkill, the strongest guy in the kingdom was somewhere in the 60s?

Dex-chan lover
Eumiella also deliberately calls monsters to her with aggro flute, which is frankly more suicidal than not taking the revival accessory. Going back to that one field class of monster hunting, nobles that are situated more in the countryside do have hunting experience for the most part, but even then deliberately multiplying the amount of danger you're in just to gain more experience is kind of putting the cart before the horse? Central area nobles, on the other hand, are far from the problem areas and probably mostly work administrative jobs anyway, in which case having a high level is taking a risk for no practical reward.

I'd imagine past a certain point gaining more levels would also just be complete overkill, the strongest guy in the kingdom was somewhere in the 60s?
Sure, your reasoning is fair and all but, to me, still makes no sense.
There is no excuse to not be lvl 99 before reaching 20, because by not doing so you are putting yourself at the mercy of anyone that decides to do that. Truly imagine if the one to get lvl 99 was not Eumiela but someone selfish or intended on causing harm, who would be able to stop them?
Take original Eumiela and how she destroyed the whole world

Dex-chan lover
It's too early to tell really.
The thing is alicia started acting nice to eumellia before betraying her too, so it might still happen, the main difference so far from the wn when it comes to her is she's acting nice earlier and was less hateful in general so far, so it's 50/50.
As i'm spoiling stuff anyway let me clear something up, the "demon" king isn't really a demon, so no miasma or brainwashing involved, the demon king is basically the strongest (before eumellia) black haired black eyed magician known to have ever existed and as such is a human, sealed away by the "hero" and "saintess", who he at one time was a ally of but who they, like alicia, stabbed him in the back and betrayed him, so he waged war against the kingdom and the royal family as revenge, seeing humanity as never accepting him and thus he'll just end it all, he's actually a pretty tragic character and is kinda a glimpse of what the og eumellia became after the backstabbing and betrayal.
And no he poses no threat to eumellia, the first one to really pose a threat to her doesn't show up until volume 3.
Ah. Thanks.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, your reasoning is fair and all but, to me, still makes no sense.
There is no excuse to not be lvl 99 before reaching 20, because by not doing so you are putting yourself at the mercy of anyone that decides to do that. Truly imagine if the one to get lvl 99 was not Eumiela but someone selfish or intended on causing harm, who would be able to stop them?
Take original Eumiela and how she destroyed the whole world
Level grinding is something that makes sense in a game where you can always retry. In a world where death is final, it's incredibly risky. Even a skilled and prepared fighter has a chance of messing up, especially if they're fighting enemies strong enough to make the grind reasonable. The danger of being at the mercy of lvl 99s isn't something people would care about, since they wouldn't expect to ever encounter lvl 99s in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Level grinding is something that makes sense in a game where you can always retry. In a world where death is final, it's incredibly risky. Even a skilled and prepared fighter has a chance of messing up, especially if they're fighting enemies strong enough to make the grind reasonable. The danger of being at the mercy of lvl 99s isn't something people would care about, since they wouldn't expect to ever encounter lvl 99s in the first place.
That would be a excuse, a good one, if there wasn't an item to revive you in a safe place in case you died. Also assisted levelling, which should be the norm.
Most people enter that school at lvl 1, this is unexcusable.

Dex-chan lover
guess i'll call it quits on this series as i just enjoyed it more in the beginning

and then as things went forward the MC just became more and more less like the character that she was and just made me like her less and less

not to mention where things are going its only gonna get worse (sadly...)

but yea in the end this series is just not for me.

Aggregator gang
I hope this version differs more wildly from the novel, I quite like this Alicia.

Dex-chan lover
ah yes, the worrisome guy and a happy-go-lucky girl combo is the best lmao

Fed-Kun's army
I hope what happens in the OG Novel doesn’t happen here. As fucking dumb and obnoxious as the glasses guy and knight are, Alicia at least has the capability of being different.
as i am assuming you read their spoilers my spoiler response will be mentioning their spoiler
i'm guessing that she stabs her in the back because she couldn't tell the difference between the black clouds as i expect the demon king to be a black cloud in her eyes as well

Contributor
Good luck, Patrick. Power leveling is life, grinding levels is love. Or so that's what Yumiella might say. Also, he's the only one keeping her grounded with regards to common sense. Stay with her, please.

I liked Alicia imagining what Ryuu looked like after Yumiella described him as some giant cute flying dog/cat. I also liked how she tried her best to talk to Yumiella as calm as possible even when she sees her like that.

Based on the comments I've been seeing, the novel readers have a... very painful opinion of Alicia, but for me as a manga reader she doesn't seem that bad, maybe almost hard to hate, even. Though I've been made aware that the manga has diverged considerably from the source. Now I wonder which direction the anime will take.

I have been enjoying this manga very much, so I think I might like it better if the anime takes more things from this version. As far as I've seen from episode 1, Alicia seemed like a legitimately nice girl, so maybe it'll be manga Alicia in the anime.

That's the neat part, there isn't any importance except for knowing that she shouldn't care about the story progress since she changed her ending already
Honestly, it was pretty important. It's all about her mental maturity and stability.

It was implied that old Yumelia was a sad, lonely, insecure child desperate for connections and approval of the other people. Unfortunately, she was only used by others, discriminated against, and ended up absolutely alone. This made her extreme misanthrope and she lashed out at everyone.

This FMC Yumelia on the other hand already has experiences of young adult. So instead of original, she instead was/is a confident young woman not afraid of taking her life in her own hands and doesn't let approval or prejudice of others get to her. She just does what she wants and got power so that nobody could stop or force her to obey.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I hope what happens in the OG Novel doesn’t happen here. As fucking dumb and obnoxious as the glasses guy and knight are, Alicia at least has the capability of being different.
The thing with Alicia is also partially MC's fault. She personally trains Alicia and mentally traumatises her so bad that she becomes petrified of MC (whereas previously she was more or less like she is now in the comic). So Alicia believing MC had a connection to, or was, the demon lord makes perfect sense and is totally reasonable.

I hope that go a different track, because I always felt Alicia had been done somewhat dirty in the original. I stopped reading at some point, but I thought she would go on a mission to revive them or something, but that didn't seem to be the case.

Dex-chan lover
Something of note on the Novel, even the WN and LN differ.
In the WN the Demon Lord kills her but in the LN she survived but was imprisoned. Of note in neither version she saw the MC as Black Smoke and her hate seemed to be more direct and without reason aside from "Black Hair and Black Magic". And this Alicia is by every means MUCH nicer than her WN and LN counterpart even as early as many chapters back. She actually seemed truly confused at heir Suitors reaction here. I am really wondering what kind of event would make her backstab her now? Well unless she is actually a really good actor and this is all pretence which still would be quite a change from the Novel.

Honestly, it was pretty important. It's all about her mental maturity and stability.

It was implied that old Yumelia was a sad, lonely, insecure child desperate for connections and approval of the other people. Unfortunately, she was only used by others, discriminated against, and ended up absolutely alone. This made her extreme misanthrope and she lashed out at everyone.

This FMC Yumelia on the other hand already has experiences of young adult. So instead of original, she instead was/is a confident young woman not afraid of taking her life in her own hands and doesn't let approval or prejudice of others get to her. She just does what she wants and got power so that nobody could stop or force her to obey.

Dex-chan lover
We don't know yet, i'd say it's 50/50.

If it follows the novel, the demon king will resurrect, alicia will stab the mc in the back (literally) and the demon king will kill alicia and everyone of her idiots except the prince, who has mellowed on eumellia at that point, of course eumellia does survive but considering the weapon used against her might as well be her kyrptonite, patrick's gift to her being a scapegoat/proxy doll whatever the revive after death item that most of them use.
Since i'm spoiling stuff anyway she isn't kidding about patrick's level, by the time the demon king subjugation happens, he's already surpassed everyone except eumellia in the kingdom, being in the 70's if i remember right.
For what it's worth all of this happens in the first volume, we still have a few events to go but then the demon king should revive.

Users who are viewing this thread