Akuyaku Reijou no Tsuihougo! - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Escape From the Birdcage of Fate

Dex-chan lover
Quite a disappointment. Probably one of the worst ones I've read.

Michel literally attempts to kill Leonid and now they're just peachy? Author even writes about the potential consequences of it but decided to completely toss it out the window. Talk about tonal whiplash.

Dex-chan lover
@doradora Not particularly familiar with that trope, but based off google I could see that being enjoyable.

What the fuck?? She had to be the one to apologize for the prince's action? The author.. Decided that one of the first thing to happen after the scene..Was for the main character to justify the Prince's action. Sometimes I feel like authors don't truly understand the story they're writing, or the implications of their character's action. Over exaggeration or dramatizing a scene is the beauty of a fictional story. We as the readers love reading an outlandish story. But things like these...You add in a potential rape scene, and that's a really touchy and sensitive topic to talk about, and should be respected as such. It's not a very good idea to just throw that out there to the readers, and not properly write it out.

I mean, seriously? What's with the lack of reaction and consequence from both the female and male lead? She was about to get raped. It isn't a thing to just scoff at. And I can't even stress this enough, but.. Especially for shoujo mangas that targets a rather young female audience, is it really okay to continue this old story trope trend? It's in stories like Boys over Flowers, plenty of manhua stories, even in some manhwas. Rape scenes shouldn't not be included in a story, but only if the author understands the seriousness of the subject they're drawing out.

Oh yeah, and the whole "you're looking this through a modern lense and this is medieval time?" You for real? No matter the time period, one of the first reactions a victim of sexual assault would have is to be shaken up, pissed off, just outright shocked it happened to them. "The main character was more worried about getting into political trouble", doesn't change a person's natural response to being assaulted. Her easygoing behavior towards what just happened to her also contradicts her character. Excuse me, but didn't her previous life take place in the modern world? And let's be real here, guys. The author only added in the attempted rape scene just to.. Spice things up. A 'woah' factor. And this whole shenanigan was solved all in the same measly chapter the event took place. This scene was not necessary. It wasn't integral to the story plot, there were plenty of ways to showcase the stick looking ass kid prince's craziness. You can justify, walk around this chapter all you want, but undeniably so, there was no good reason story wise for the author to add this in.

No no no This is not acceptable
He almost killed somebody! And then tries to rape her. And she has the gull to say its okay because he is lonely?! Yeah now he is fixed and totally won't do it again. So many things just wrong in so few pages it's impressive. This is not okay dropped

Double-page supporter
So, how was the situation resolved now?
I just read the chapter, but I'm really not sure.
She just headbutted him and said "don't fight over me" and gave a supposedly comical "don't go to the dark side" and that's it?
He suddenly lets it all go?
She lets it just go?
What?
No solving the problem (permanently), no consequences for the piece of dirt, no anything that should turn out into a happy feast.
This is just disapointing

Dex-chan lover
@ Nimeri It is a flag in the game. If he killed the prince for trying to rape a commoner it would cause a war most likely even if leonid was royalty

Dex-chan lover
Weird chapter indeed, its like she dont mind when someone want to raped her, weird..

Double-page supporter
prince: *attempted murder and rape*
prince: i am lonely
everyone: understandable, have a great day

Supporter
Oh look, yet another author that used the 'casual rape' trope and everyone went back to being friends again...

Fed-Kun's army
I think it's kinda disgusting how the prince nearly r*ped her was played down like it was nothing. He's suddenly not yandere and she okay with nearly getting assaulted. LET'S ALL EAT AND BE FRIENDS OK WHEEEEE. What about our poor knight who was nearly killed? Oh wow you got hurt, pat pat. What in the world.

I'm dropping this not because I'm a snow flake that can't handle darker elements in a story, I'm dropping because its clear the author does not understand how to write cause and consequence in a narrative.

@BonFkingBon DAMN FKING STRAIGHT.

Double-page supporter
@Liquidxlax yes, but why does she have to abide by the flags?
Unlike the others, she's her own person, she can just tell him he's a selfish prick and only hurts her or something.
Okay, maybe that'll only make things worse, but what I'm trying to say is, she can talk to him (even in a more diplomatic way).
It just feels kinda empty how there were no repercussions at all.
I guess I'm just ranting at this point lol...

Double-page supporter
Japan sure does love to forgive sexual assault in its storytelling.

wha... but.. eh..?
that was a lot of heavy shit in one chapter
>attempted murder
>attempted rape
and yet it all got it 'resolved' by the MC saying it's not an issue anymore lmfao

I wish there were more manga that treated sexual assault and rape as serious and traumatic as it actually is. Don't like how it normalized and minimized assault and rape.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, good, I'm not crazy. Sure feels like the stakes escalated past a line that can't be uncrossed...then it was uncrossed. Why'd they go that far to begin with if they won't keep the consequences?

Now that I think about it, Leonid had a lot of freaky stalkerish tendencies that were kinda brushed aside too. Does...the author just not think it's a problem or what?

that's it? they're just gonna gloss over the fact that she almost got raped by Michel?
images

Users who are viewing this thread