Amai Seikatsu

Group Leader
@leechXlurk Thank you, always glad to be of service. I love this manga and I enjoy doing it.

@DooMWhitex Technically, it is because of how many women "fall" for him. If you read it, it's not for various reasons.

@Sniperking I have been asking that question for years since I first read it. I have no fucking clue.

Double-page supporter
Oh, no, no... My Japanese is terrible! What I meant is that I read the series here on Dex, plus your incredible efforts at scanlating. Stay awesome!

Group Leader
@ElBichoRaro no worries, I thought I was incorrect but that's good. That just means that you'll be reading at our speed. I was going to ask you not to ruin the series for the others if you did manage to read it all.

@Moreira_X It's why I picked it up. I love this manga a lot and I decided to share it on a whim. Now that I've shared it, I've learned how much this manga is loved and how many enjoy it. Look forward to the next 300+ chapters. I don't plan to stop until all of the first season is translated.

@Dreaguh You are welcome. Everyone who has commented helps encourage me to keep translating and to keep posting it here. Thank you for your kind words!

Double-page supporter
@saintguardian Indeed! Besides, I'm not the kind to spoil things for people. I might not mind spoilers, but I know others do. Stay awesome!

99f9638d12d2ef626972ad8f50f03595.jpg

What a great series. Glad it is getting translated. I appreciate saintguardians little cultural info at the end of each chapter too. It helps explain some of the nuances in the comic.

When done right, the '70s style of drawing has more character than many modern styles.

I love this series! Don't judge my tastes but I was searching for a manga like this that I could genuinely enjoy for years only to accidentally stumble upon it yesterday and read it to all 57 chapters (to date) at the night before my annual exams because I couldn't stop reading and only stopped once I realized I only had 5 hours to sleep left before the exam. Why hasn't this already been scanlated and translated by a group? Wasn't this published in 1992? Why is @saintguardian singlehandedly continuing this series? I would like to help out if it means getting out chapters out any faster. I could help typeset the text once I get a laptop because I can't do it on the family PC for obvious reasons. I don't have any experience but I could learn.

PS. This is my first comment on MangaDex. I only came to discuss this because of how badly I want to read further.

Group Leader
@sillysack69 I am the same way when it comes to comics. The older comics have a lot more humor that is sometimes hidden and more enjoyable to read. I do not know why a group hasn't picked this up but I did after several years of the group not producing anything. So I wasn't going to snipe their work. Yes, this was published a long time ago. The reason why I am handling this by myself is incorrect. First and foremost, I got the scans from people who made an archive of the entire first season. These people bought the volumes and scanned them in. If they didn't, I would not have done this project. Second, there is currently one translator that is commissioned to do this work. In order to not push him/her too hard, I only request once a week. Why only one? I can only afford one at this time. There have been generous donations when it comes to this manga. They have helped me out and made it easier for me to do so. Unless there is a translator that is willing to do the work for free, I do not expect this to go faster than one per week. Then there is what I ask from the translator might be another reason why. I want voice and sound effects translated because those are the ones I edit onto the page. I edit every little detail because EVERY little detail tells a story that makes it hilarious. Then comes the typesetting. I demand the same as I would demand of myself. There has been a couple of chapters where I had to redraw the background and do everything along those lines. Why? Again, all part of the story. I refuse to let anyone else do less than the same for this manga. If there is a group of people who are willing to do what I do and work with me, then I am willing to share my work. If they can't keep up to my personal standards, then what's the point? The readers thank me for every single post I make and make generous donations to pay for a translator. They are the ones I do this hard work for and the reason why I push myself so hard when it comes to this work. Also, this is what I want to see when I read manga online. Not like how my trash work for the Black Gyaru that will be released at the end of the month and onward.

I am however willing to look for another translator to slip in an extra chapter or two. I have enough time to do so and the donations I have received have allowed me to do so.

Group Leader
Please note, I am trying to get this out before I leave on vacation. I got delayed due to sickness. As I type this, I am stopping for the night and have 7 pages plus credits to do. I should have it in the proof reader's hands tomorrow. I should have it done for Christmas eve. Apologies for the delay but sickness happens.

I'm not that far yet, but it's honestly hilarious at this point (Lingerie War) that I cannot fathom what 40 Volumes of this will be like.
And what's even more: There's a sequel that is already at 10! All in due time though, I like the sequence and don't want anyone overwork themselves.
Plus this started in my yob, so I have a weird attachment already.

Incredible to think that this manga was published over a span of 21 years. Although I do hope that scanlating this beast won't take as long. ;)
Thanks for your work!

Users who are viewing this thread