Anti KissManga Anthology

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@D1stanc3 posted:

So maybe MangaDex shouldn’t talk shit about who has more series faster when MangaDex doesn’t even attempt to have new chapters of any licensed series when kissmanga has them all.
The fact that they keep licensed official rips up is actually something to talk shit about

@D1Stanc3: Actually I think MangaSee is better for licenced things.
And if you read in Tachiyomi, it doesn’t really matter which website you use, I think.

@kn1000a Agreed. I used to read on Bato.to (RIP), back when it was still active. I just recently started using MD. About a month ago, actually. In the meantime, I had to make use of an aggregator site, though I kept my adblocker on all the time (Opera's builtin blocker works really well, even against cryptomining scripts).

MD is still new. Give it time. With time, more and more people would come here. Hopefully the entire population of old Bato.to.

Fed-Kun's army
I’m assuming this will automatically go up on Kissmanga?

Contributor
@voliol, Yes Not only kissmanga. This "bomb" automatically go to their host.
Blame of them, putting Scrape-Bot. I remember batoto old days, when >30% their user is Scrape-Bot.

Dex-chan lover
Some food for thought: it is relatively easy to profile site visitors and narrow down the IP of the scraper servers. For example:
1) Google analytics. Simple. Just find all incoming referrals and next hop. Kissmanga or their image server / domains might be one of them, assuming they use a in-browser scraper. If you don't want to leverage the googs you can do it yourself with some cookie work.
2) Use timing attacks, track all IPs that do an img GET request in the time window a decoy manga was up then taken down, do this multiple times and filter by common IP until the pool narrows down.
3) Lazy approach is to look at site usage and which visitor has the most transferred material/request, but you'll need to verify the results obviously.
4) Or we can go full counterintel with stenganography and add a unique digital watermark to every image, generated from using the IP address as the seed. Like how physical printers do it, change certain pixels to be tiny bit more darker/lighter that the human eye cannot see. Cross-reference uploaded manga images and narrow down the pool of candidates.

After you get the IP addresses, just block them or pull some obfuscation tricks, for example:
1) randomly give them images from other manga series or non-manga images
2) give an error for every image and change the comments section to a fake one where people are complaining about images not loading so any human intervention is likely just to wait for the images to be fixed - but its never fixed
3) give them the images but randomly drop some
4) automatically splash a huge watermark on every single image
5) or if you're evil enough and know which parser they use you can try to engineer shit like an infinite file stream or RFI attacks or even this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip_bomb

Eh these are just some basic counterops suggestions not really much of an expert.

Contributor
I love reading this comment section, between the rant, the troll and people explaining, it's just so beautiful mmm...

@Truerror Yeah I love Opera, use it as my main. Though I just went to KM and that site gave me an anti-adblocker message, so won't using adblockers in this case be annoying af with KM and other aggregator sites?

Also this chain reaction is not gonna stop with aggregator sites, but also those manga apps that have ads and want people to pay for their "pro" version to remove it. That is what I used to use too, before knowing of MD.

@Teasday, well maybe in your opinion. Personally I consider ripped licensed scans in hq a good thing, not many websites around that have that anymore. There are many trackers that have them but sometimes you just want to check out a few chapters.

@Jendrej, I used to use mangasee, I use a reader too so it doesn’t matter what site I use. I just noticed that mangasee compressed images in some manga more frequently than kissmanga, leading to them looking worse. Obviously MangaDex’s stuff is all good quality too, just kissmanga has some manga they don’t.

@redvamix, vpn?

We all know Kissmanga is bad (and other sites with a panda), but i think this is way too much. So hopefully Ch4 is the last chapter to this series..ok?

@D1stanc3
Kissmanga has titles other sites dont simple because they rip off every platform site like Kindle etc. , the licensed ones should have been off limits

I'm from batoto, so i don't know kissmanga very well but i can see now why the hate. that site is pure trash, what kind of shit site that deny my view if i got an adblock? fucking hell the ad even bigger than the actual manga, the manga quality is like a mspaint quality.. what the fuck? and some people defend this shit because mangadex doesn't have licensed manga?.... haizz learn to google better site if u want to read old manga don't become stupid by contributing in cancer site. PS - even vietnam site didn't have this cancerous ads trash on their site.

@kn1000a No, I don't think it was Kissmanga. It was another site. I had it bookmarked, but has since deleted it, because, well, MD. I can't remember the name of the site now. It did have all the tell-tale signs of an aggregator site though: No credits listed, pesky watermarks, bad (though still readable) image quality.

On the bright side though (if you can call it that), it didn't ask me to unblock it. So I was able to enjoy their "services" without giving them much profit... I guess?

Fed-Kun's army
Love this, it's even teaching those that want to stay on scraper sites how to block their ads! =)

Group Leader
discovered KissManga thanks to this manga, ill be using that site instead of MangaDex now!!

... is what I’d like to say, thank god it’s banned in my country, the ads were appalling

Group Leader
@AbuHajaar Holo already works on screwing scraper bots, however they just need to find a new way to go around it every time.
Feel free to try to DM him on Discord if you've got some unique ideas (however remember we all somewhat care about our privacy, using unique pixels to track people is a big no-no).

Users who are viewing this thread