Anti KissManga Anthology

Dex-chan lover
They don't even pay for image hosting or bandwidth And earning ad revenue from other people's work

What is with kissmanga anyway?
For more than 36h there is this "The site is under maintenance. Please come back later." bullshit. (site is down)

Some random people on kissmanga official Discord (Manga section) server say that there are issues with BANNING for using AdBlock addons and something about bad cookies (that we should delete) and trying different web browsers.
I thought at first that this is some hackers attack as this friday they had some "injector" type of trojan in their html web code. Now I don't know anymore...

Dex-chan lover
What is with kissmanga anyway?
For more than 36h there is this "The site is under maintenance. Please come back later." bullshit. (site is down)
Probably to do with your ad blocker. I don't use KissManga often (only go there for Goblin Slayer releases these days), but judging from the recent activity on r/uBlockOrigin, I suspect it's something to do with some new anti-adblock stuff KissManga might have recently configured. It's not the first time they've done this though.

Edit:
Yeah, I guessed correctly. Here's the workaround if you're using uBlock Origin;
https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/9hwn43/kissmanga_isnt_working/
Alternatively, just add
Code:
kissmanga.com###divImage:style(display: block !important;)
to the filters list of whatever ad-blocker you use.
Oh, and you might need to clear your browser cache for it to take effect.

Fed-Kun's army
honestly fuck Kissmanga and Kissanime too for that matter. I am thoroughly done with their shit.

I like it better here but the only thing that I wish it was better on this site is the comments system...

There's a myanimelist extension for chrome, to keep track of which chapter you're on. I still use the notepad++ file with that.

teasday said:
sapioit said:
When MangaDex would have friendly URLs for using a notepad page for keeping track of the last chapter read of a manga, I'll read on mangadex. Until then, I'll stay on kissmanga with adblock.
I mean, just look:
/Manga/Hitman-SEO-Kouji/Hitman-010?id=444501 vs /chapter/413435/1
I can't tell the manga name from the link, I can't tell the chapter name/number from the link, I can't tell anything useful, from the link! If you wanna be better than kissmanga, at least do that much!

Heck, I often first read manga here, and then go to kissmanga to get the user-friendly url for my notepad++ file.
Oh, I didn't know anyone wanted this. We could do something about it, sure. May I ask though why on earth are you using a separate text file instead of following the manga and using the read markers, or even just browser bookmarks?

Because sites go offline or change their policies (like kissmanga did by banning the accounts holding the read history of people who used adblock). It's way safer to keep a text file. I mean, batoto went offline, which caused this site to be born. *drops mike*

Well, I don't know what you people do, but lately I come to mandadex mostly for the comments. I use the site at the same time as Mangaupdates and then just download from KM and others without visiting those sites and then read things offline using CDisplay (I'm from an old era). That way I believe I'm freeing a tiny bit of the bandwith usage of mangadex (and using the bandwith of the other sites) so other users that like reading online or can't download can use that data transfer instead of me. Even if it is just a little bit. On mangadex I read mostly things that are not aggregated on those shady sites, 4koma or longstrips (original CDisplay can't show those properly).

I think that what I do doesn't harm Mangadex on any way and that I'm pretty safe consuming those other sites bandwith.

Cool cool now explain why would they stop visiting other sites and go to mangadex when it doesn't have mangas in english like Shokuryou Jinrui that other aggregators do?

Users who are viewing this thread