Arrogant Slave - Ch. 31 - Raid

Dex-chan lover
Is this not getting updated anymore or…?
Yeah, I'm wondering about that, too. From the look of the raws, shit is about to go down hard!

We also find out the reason behind the whole water thing, too!.

Supporter
What's going on with the plot? Just saw some middle-aged man dispatched the duo but spares them? Why?

Also the slave is getting a flashback about her past? Anything revealed so far?

Dex-chan lover
What's going on with the plot? Just saw some middle-aged man dispatched the duo but spares them? Why?

Also the slave is getting a flashback about her past? Anything revealed so far?
ONLY READ IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN THE RAWS

So, our duo find a town where there is an active witch hunt and "witches" and their collaborators get burned at the stake. Slave-chan gets targeted because she found a black cat as "emergency food" and Mr Commoner is too weak to save her because of his injury and endsup being beat up.

There is a new pursuer from their country of origin (the middle-aged man in shorts) who finds them and releases Slave-chan. His personality is quite twisted (I'll leave that for when this gets translated), so he ignores her when she begs for him to take her life instead of the Commoner's, but stops trying to kill him when he looks at his face (which isnt show to the readers), then leaves, claiming that he doesnt like "wasting his time on doing unnecessary things."

Slave-chan then picks Mr Commoner up again and leaves with him on her back, but there are quite a few people worrying about this in the Japanese comments on twitter. His eyes are sorta shadowed more than usual and he only responds with a single "aah" (kinda like "yeah" in English) to what she says. Some people suspect that he is already dead and that Slave-chan is hallucinating his responses, or that the sounds he is making is that of a dead corpse expelling air. Mainly because his arms seem limp over her shoulders (when he used to grip on to her) and because the pursuer left without killing him even though he was shown to be very willing to kill.

So, we have Slave-chan telling her backstory, which I will leave for future translations, but it's what you would expect considering her personality lol. And Mr Commoner is basically just replying with "aah."

I'm still holding out hope that he is alive and that they get a good ending. But this is Hamita, so I dont know. I would be pretty depressed if he pulled a tragic twist, because he has really struck gold with these characters. It could be a very nice love story imo.

Supporter
ONLY READ IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN THE RAWS

So, our duo find a town where there is an active witch hunt and "witches" and their collaborators get burned at the stake. Slave-chan gets targeted because she found a black cat as "emergency food" and Mr Commoner is too weak to save her because of his injury and endsup being beat up.

There is a new pursuer from their country of origin (the middle-aged man in shorts) who finds them and releases Slave-chan. His personality is quite twisted (I'll leave that for when this gets translated), so he ignores her when she begs for him to take her life instead of the Commoner's, but stops trying to kill him when he looks at his face (which isnt show to the readers), then leaves, claiming that he doesnt like "wasting his time on doing unnecessary things."

Slave-chan then picks Mr Commoner up again and leaves with him on her back, but there are quite a few people worrying about this in the Japanese comments on twitter. His eyes are sorta shadowed more than usual and he only responds with a single "aah" (kinda like "yeah" in English) to what she says. Some people suspect that he is already dead and that Slave-chan is hallucinating his responses, or that the sounds he is making is that of a dead corpse expelling air. Mainly because his arms seem limp over her shoulders (when he used to grip on to her) and because the pursuer left without killing him even though he was shown to be very willing to kill.

So, we have Slave-chan telling her backstory, which I will leave for future translations, but it's what you would expect considering her personality lol. And Mr Commoner is basically just replying with "aah."

I'm still holding out hope that he is alive and that they get a good ending. But this is Hamita, so I dont know. I would be pretty depressed if he pulled a tragic twist, because he has really struck gold with these characters. It could be a very nice love story imo.
Damn, I hope Mr. Commoner is just hanging on and not dead. Hopefully Slave-chan finds a doctor quick. This is my first time reading a Hamita work and I can see why the author is infamous, lol.

I can't wait for the translator to catch up since they're back. Thanks again for the summary.

Users who are viewing this thread