Arrogant Slave - Ch. 32 - Divine Protection

Dex-chan lover
Oh so it was a case of being unlucky when came to drinking that water & not something orchestrated by that cult. Sucks for that little girl but maybe some peace has been restored in that town. Thanks for the translations.

Edit: I probably should've emphasized my comment about there being peace in the town since eventually it will be ghost town unless some travelers manages to save what is left (or be victims themselves). Still appreciate the insight from others since I missed that part about boiling water is not a common practice in those times.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So if the people who drank from the well did die from drinking the well water, who brought all the corpses out into the square? The cult? Some random person? Either way, it's ironic that the cult was actually right in this case and now the entire town is probably doomed.

Dex-chan lover
Oh so it was a case of being unlucky when came to drinking that water & not something orchestrated by that cult. Sucks for that little girl but maybe some peace has been restored in that town. Thanks for the translations.
Yeah, I'm sure it'll be very peaceful when everyone dies from contaminated well water cuz a slave and her owner tried to play avenger.

Aggregator gang
Pretty expected. That said, I feel like killing people who drank the contaminated water might have been slightly counterproductive. Just letting them die by themselves would have demonstrated the problem pretty effectively without making villains of themselves. Cultist nutters or not it's a little hard to swallow the logic, but then again Hamita never seemed to care much about that

Dex-chan lover
After spending some 15 minutes reading and rereading this arc, I think I understand most of it:

• The "dirty water", just had herbs in it.
  • The well water is the "poison"
  • MC group did not drink any well water, which is why MC left soon after
The group actually was (blessed?) against those who refused spring water
- The group actually had a surprisingly firm understanding on the issue.

What I don't understand:
  • What happened to the group? (Hope so)
  • Were the wells go so much actually cursed?
  • Even if the well water is un drinkable, I feel like it should had noticeable discoloration, and it appears to, so why did they not notice that.
  • Was it really even a human town to begin with (Did the herbs actually hurt anyone)?

It's actually a pretty interesting plot line, and I want to know more now...

Users who are viewing this thread