Ase to Sekken - Vol. 6 Ch. 48 - Please Tell Me

There’s a lot of unpacking to do here, but like

That position was so intimate; it fit the two who are trying their hardest to understand each other so well. I don’t think I’ve actually seen that position drawn in manga before, but now I want to see more of it

Dex-chan lover
Guy tries to hit on your girlfriend and then proceeds, in front of you, to hand her his card with his name/number that she accepts and puts in her bag.
I'd be pretty angry too...

Sure she didn't mean anything by it but that's a bad move nonetheless.

Dex-chan lover
oh my god, ok I get that it can be attractive if your partner is protective and possessive of you but this is pushing it. Needing to protect her cause she's showing a lil neck, from regretting leaving her alone for like, 2 seconds, and getting angry from simply taking a business card??? They're both in the business world of Japan, where they're constantly exchanging cards, it was just instinct on her part really. not really liking this level of insecurity, it's starting to get grating. idk maybe this is just me getting old and my love for independence lol but I really hope there's less of this highschool level possessiveness in the future :///

I don't find make-up sex weird. It turns all the leftover frustration into passion, relieves stress and makes you feel closer to your significant other. It's a good thing, doesn't solve problems though, only communication can do that, but fortunately this couple is pretty good at communicating and understanding each other.

I don't like how Koutarou acted in this chapter, but I do understand him, kinda. First off we've seen before that he is a bit of a jealous type, second he knows Asako is insecure about herself so it's not that weird for him to be afraid that once guys start hitting on her that she'll like that and maybe reconsider her relationship with him now that she sees she has more options. Now you may say that it's stupid of him to think that way, but first he knows that he is not perfect and that some parts of him like the sniffing is a bit awkward for her, second he didn't have great experiences with relationships before and girls kept dumping him so that can affect him too.

I hope there'll be less drama and more wholesomeness in the upcoming chapters, when they start living together.

Dex-chan lover
What do you mean TIP OF THE ICEBERG? NO. No. No-no-no 😟 I don wanna drama, I want fluff! I demand fluff!

Smh those saying is all about trust in a relationship don't understand how it is in Japan. The percent of couples that cheat over their is extremely high and would be higher if most couples also classified brothels and sex workers as cheating.
Nobita from Japan has done a decent number on videos on the topic and the interviews and surveys done will shock you. With most couples saying it's normal for their partner to cheat at least once.

Remember Japan is completely different from the west especially in values

Dex-chan lover
Ok firstly, yeah the guy was a little too asshole with the comment but I think all their reaction was a little too strong too.

Well, I presume these two dummies are perfect for each other.

Double-page supporter
@phosphylite yea the sex scene was a bit out of place lol, but I can understand Natori and Asako pov's. Like I think Natori was less worried about the actual business card and more worried of Asako inadvertently leading the dude on, which could've caused him to be more aggressive in pursuing her (like that smug grinning was implying). Like there's another manga (Pretend Lovers Serenade) where fl didn't establish clear boundaries and as a result 2nd ML was relentless trying to pursue her, which led to some even stupider drama (way worse than this one).

And I feel like no matter how much trust there is, little things like that can really start to claw at it (coupled with Natori's insecurities from past relationships) so I don't think Natori's jealousy was too out of left field. What's important though, is that they did address it and worked towards moving past it together, so I think the resolution was meaningful enough (though maybe like you said it could've been better if they talked a bit more but it is what it is I guess)

@anomalye lol ye I don't think I've seen that wrap around hand holding in that position before lol, hawt

Dex-chan lover
>Nips a problem in the bud by communicating it with his gf instead of pushing it aside and letting it fester and grow.
So what exactly did Koutarou do wrong here?

what a fucking asshole hitting on a girl next to her boyfriend and I disagree with the TN. That guy didn't back off when he learned that she had a bf, if he had he wouldn't give her a business card

I love how they communicate their feelings and work together to resolve issues. It is so rare to see, not only in manga, but in real life.

I can understand Natori's concerns, and I can understand Asoko accepting the card out of politeness (without thinking about the consequences). So I won't blame them. But that Hendrik really was rude AF. Doing all that in front of the boyfriend is basically a big sign of disrespect towards Natori, I don't believe he backed down. Just plant the seeds of doubt and insecurity, so the bastard was successful in a way. Make the worries worse when he seemed to want Asoko because of the perfume that Natori uniquely made for her. I can understand if you'd think you just created a tracking beacon in a sense.

I can't speak for other guys. But if it happened to me in real life, I'd have a difficult time staying calm... I commend the both of them for communicating about their feelings. Execution may not be perfect, but this alone is good enough.

Group Leader
@Short_Circut Even so, his frustration seems misdirected to me. He should be frustrated at the guy who hit on her and have more faith in his own girlfriend. Aside from the whole Ichise incident (Kotaro's co-worker) in which Asako felt jealous, this is pretty much the first time this has happened to them as a couple. I get it, his past was riddled with failed relationships, but I think he knows by now the kind of person Asako is, especially after they decided to introduce each other to their parents. Maybe if there were repeat instances, then I can better understand Kotaro's frustration, but as it is now, it appears to me as simple insecurity. It's good they ended it before it blew out of proportion, but it didn't sit well with me when Kotaro proceeded to be even more possessive when they had sex, which is why I wish they did something else instead.

Anyways, I don't mean to come off as defensive or anything, just wanted to express my thoughts. I understand your viewpoint. I just think this situation is kind of a mess to begin with LOL.

Dex-chan lover
I... also have complicated feelings here.
To begin with, he started this manga WAY worse, to be honest, so a random guy hitting on her is really not THAT big of a deal. But at the same time, the guy was a douche. I hate the type. It's not that he hit on a woman he saw alone, and then backed off. He started speaking English, and he doesn't know Natori so he doesn't know if they understand, and makes the comment about how good she smells. And then the card? I know it's a very Japanese thing to do, but that's like the opposite of backing off.
And it's not like Natori told her off or anything, she asked. Personally, I think it's healthier that they actually air it out and not let it build up, so it'd been better theoretically if he'd just mentioned it. But anyway, he tried to be objective and impartial, even if he failed.
Also, it's not necessarily (or not only) that he doesn't "trust" her. We know Asako has self-steem issues, she LITERALLY doesn't know how this whole thing works. A dude might be trying to get under her skirt and she'd think he's just being nice.

I already hated it, and you're telling us this is just the tip of the iceberg? Boy, I'm not going to like this volume...
And this manga was going SO well... The little drama was well-placed, well-handled (and in a timely manner). But now it seems like...this is going to go sour. Fast.

Dex-chan lover
While he was taking his anger out on the wrong person everything he said was things that she needed to hear. Communication is important to a relationship and hopefully will allow them to avoid situations like this in the future. But give. The genre of this manga they will probably repeat this same mistake again and again until the last chapter because manga characters are all idiots. Oh well

Dex-chan lover
He was a little harsh, but he also let his concerns out, and they understood the problem, so that's better than saying nothing. Lac of communication is a big reason why lots of couples break apart.

Users who are viewing this thread