Asebi and Adventurers of Sky World - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Despair and scream

Dex-chan lover
She looks like the old dude's daughter, but then she should know about asebi.

Double-page supporter
I don't think Gram deserves to die but a [Asshole Captain Gram: Retired] panel popping up would be real nice.

gram is a complete cuck and definitely deserved to fuckin die
i really hope hes just a character solely tied to this arc and we never catch sight of him again but thats def not gonna happen
fuck gram holy shit

Contributor
"I have to show their deaths weren't in vain" he says while also putting many more lives at risk in this expedition. Can this guy just die off already, there is no redeeming qualities about him and with each chapter it gets worse.

Dex-chan lover
Goddamn I’m so relieved that timeskip wasn’t real.
Also warming up to Gram. This chapter made me get where he was coming from even if I don’t confone his methods.
He’s a damn sight better antagonist than the magical ultimate weapon girl with zero pathos.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, let's waste your one-shot shield to protect the guy that stole your map, abducted you and tried to kill your boyfriend, so that you will be out of power when you will fight the Big Bad Boss... sound planning here... How about you let the fucker die and save yourself the dozens of chapters of pain in the ass that this stupid act will inevitably cause?

Dex-chan lover
Gram is turning this manga into something extremely frustrating to read for me, hes not a character I like nor do I like hating him, hes just plain annoying and I hope he doesn't come back after this arc or I might find myself being forced to drop this.

Aggregator gang
Watching people SEETHE over Gram is hilarious. I love antagonists like him, and whether he dies or joins up with the good guy team later I'll be happy.

He has some character depth yet still fulfills the hilarious role of the typical Adventure Antagonist/Rival/Villain. Won't be surprised if there's a typical redemption arc too and I can't wait to see you all moan and groan through that as well. I think that's one of the manga's strengths however -- it's very much abusing typical classic lighthearted adventure tropes, yet uses them in an effective way to where you are able to still be excited about what's coming next. The characters are also written well enough that you stick around just as much as them as for the action and thrill of adventure. I can't believe the MC is actually one of my favorite characters in this manga when usually I hate this type of character because they're written so lazily and poorly.

Can't wait to read more.

Aggregator gang
BS just let that fucking bastard die already --' the end doesn't justify the fucking the means --' FUCK THIS SHIT!

Double-page supporter
might have to drop this off the strength of the fact that she didnt let that retard die

Users who are viewing this thread