Ashita, Watashi wa Dareka no Kanojo - Vol. 11 Ch. 142 - What a Wonderful World 2

Dex-chan lover
Fae said my handwriting on page 12 wasn't girly enough to be Emi's..... I swear it looks fine LOL

Thanks! I think the handwriting is fine, as long as it's readable (and idk if emi's default self would be too overly girly/fancy to show in handwriting b/c she's writing it for herself versus a letter to someone else unless she still has the mind set of the life coach's advice or so, unless the original handwriting hand some kinda 'cutesy' feel to it)

the 'smiling' part at the end being blurry seems like it'd be a bit foreshadowing (tho interesting that the line about plastic surgery talks about changing the 'face'...is she considering plastic surgery to change other parts? or is it just a more overall "Don't do surgery ever" kinda meaning? [bc i assume a 'cosmetic dermatologist' would maybe do some adjustments/get rid of scars even if it doesn't 'change' your face, unless getting rid of like moles/warts don't count lol])

Dex-chan lover
This is quite realistic if you ask me. You make a list of all these seemingly reasonable goals and aspirations. And then BAM the year's nearly up and you've MAYBE satisfied a quarter of your list. I understand that feeling (ugh 😮‍💨).

Thank you for the translation (doctors are never beating the allegations against them).

Aggregator gang
Many Thanks for the new chapter.

So, after this chapter, I stand corrected about the meaning of Emi's V-Kei memorabilia comment; she was probably referring then to it being the last remnants of her last true happiness-filled time period of her life. Emi, in her youth, was very much a Punk Rebel with Visual Kei which led to her estrangement from her father (and, to a lesser extent, her mother). Though it is good that Emi and her mother seem to be on good terms with each other now.

Yeah, i also wonder how much of her To-Do list Emi is going to get done. I also figure, at some point in this arc, Emi is going to end up selling her V-Kei memorabilia to make ends meet (including the shot of her now barren room and everything else it will entail).

Dex-chan lover
This should qualify as toxic positivity. Not letting yourself feel nostalgic about the past, not expressing sadness about the things that went wrong in your life, smiling through stress, that's just pent up stress that'll burst at the worst moment.
I really hope Emi gets the good ending like Moe did

Dex-chan lover
This should qualify as toxic positivity. Not letting yourself feel nostalgic about the past, not expressing sadness about the things that went wrong in your life, smiling through stress, that's just pent up stress that'll burst at the worst moment.
i think there was a darker horror manga cult about always 'smiling' too lol (tho it might be a subconscious thing of society too or they get uncomfortable wit h anything else b/c i've def been asked if i'm 'ok' for having a blank stare/not having a fake smile plastered on my face but i tend to look high/zoned out by default with my eyes looking dead inside without makeup lol)

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how much she's saved from working at the soapland
so far in every single manga i've read where some girl works in a soapland ( except '' the ex prositute become a rich wife") no girl ever managed to save any money from soapland because plot reasons and they always end up into a cult or a hostclub, which is pretty much the same in term of money leeching
or sometimes, they get robbed because divine retribution or some '' ill-gotten gains never lead to prosperity''

Dex-chan lover
so far in every single manga i've read where some girl works in a soapland ( except '' the ex prositute become a rich wife") no girl ever managed to save any money from soapland because plot reasons and they always end up into a cult or a hostclub, which is pretty much the same in term of money leeching
or sometimes, they get robbed because divine retribution or some '' ill-gotten gains never lead to prosperity''
I don't know if she spent as much as the other one who was 'obsessed' with plastic surgery but i guess she spent a decent amount to stay looking 'young' b/c i think she might be in her late 30s/early 40s even tho Iori was surprised at her face/wondered her real age, tho i do wonder if Yuki (the very first girl wit the burn scars) did have ambition/some kinda 'dream job/career' after she graduates college and possibly gets rid of her scars or decides to live with them from now on

Banned
This is quite realistic if you ask me. You make a list of all these seemingly reasonable goals and aspirations. And then BAM the year's nearly up and you've MAYBE satisfied a quarter of your list. I understand that feeling (ugh 😮‍💨).

Thank you for the translation (doctors are never beating the allegations against them).
Life hits hard @ 40.

Banned
EMI will be happy by wasting money on yoshi's.

Banned
i think there was a darker horror manga cult about always 'smiling' too lol (tho it might be a subconscious thing of society too or they get uncomfortable wit h anything else b/c i've def been asked if i'm 'ok' for having a blank stare/not having a fake smile plastered on my face but i tend to look high/zoned out by default with my eyes looking dead inside without makeup lol)
EDIT: "SMILEY" is the title and it is ongoing since 2020. It was a literal hit cult.

Last edited:
Banned
Oh yes, that RINA. The lucky girl. Even scar girl from chapter 1 got the savings drained by cosmetic surgery ( hinted ).

Ill-gotten gains never lead to prosperity
  • george soros
  • bill gates
  • elon musk

I guess the better term is ill-gotten gains never lead to a prosperous bloodline. Kill their kid they are cut off, BUT MOST OF THEM HAD NADA. This is why the rich are so afraid of the people who have so many children. They cannot control them by their fake money or farce of a status.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread