Assassin's Pride - Vol. 7 Ch. 34 - Pandora Days

Contributor
@wilddeath I think in the beginning of the series he went out of his way to avoid giving her his vampire mana, cause it would get her marked for death by the entire country if she was a lycanthrope. If she did get some it would be durin one of those easily predictable plot twists, like she gets killed, hears the MC's voice, and the mana activates.

Resident Yuripig
Contributor
@wilddeath Kufa's probably one of the strongest people in the entire world. I don't know this for sure because the novels are still being written, but as of now, he's probably stronger than anybody else (I might be forgetting somebody, though)...

Also, something everyone needs to know about the storyline: Nothing is ever as it seems. And actually, most of the time, it's nothing you can predict, either. It's really well written, although sometimes it feels like it's all over the place. Everything will tie together. I'm quite enjoying the manga version of this.

Dex-chan lover
fly through the skies...

Zzr1JLo.png

so is she a bastard or no?

Dex-chan lover
dude, give us kufa going ham on these clowns. i am tired of the fluff.

Dex-chan lover
Why not just transfer the sister's magic??? Why transfer a different class onto her??? He still has time... and he has a method...

Dex-chan lover
Does anyone know the truth about her mother? Did the novel ever explain what actually happened?

Dex-chan lover
@Dantrig Checking something just now,
they might not have arrived at a final answer on this subject yet even in the novel. What is present though, are hints that
Melida might actually be awakening Paladin powers after all. I can't tell you if this is supposed to be confirmation that her father is the duke after all, or if perhaps something's happened later on to artificially implant the Paladin stuff in her the same way she ended up with Samurai, though. I could see them trying that with Elise's help to counter the shit heading their way from these reformist folks.

Aggregator gang
None of this was in the anime, Did the anime have an anime original ending? Or did it just skip all this stuff?

Dex-chan lover
> My son wakes up in the first page. Just that first page, so many ideas pop-up on me, my son was curious and wakes up

> I feel like teaching Rosetti sensei my best SPA massage at night....

> To those people at the round table, shame on them.
I dont even know that much the politics on this series, coz it doesnt much explain the circumstance.
How ever, we now know why Melida would be the center of it all.
And the revolution they were starting to form, at least they prepare as well for the possible invasion of those creature outside Flandor, not just their interest.

I really believe that one flaws to their plan. Once Melida mana inheritance has been exposed, its not just their life will be exposed to danger, it will be a total chaos to the whole flandor, because even a talentless commoner, with the help of a pretty good engineer and researcher over there, can create a Melida Angel of their own, and deploy them to bring down all influential powers to protect themselve.
Because they were so badly hurt to the bloodshed the nobles uprising to each other over them in which originally they had nothing to do with it and living peacefully.

This kind of politics was stupid for me... Why? because they were enclosed in a small territory surrounded by shadowy beings, and bringing chaos without a plan how to defend them to those outside,
and IM PRETTY SURE, some stupid folks will create a hole in their territory to produce more chaos... for fun

MD@Home
I have a hard time taking the claim that exposing an affair among the nobles would allow these conspirators to start a revolution seriously. It'd be embarrassing, sure. I can even understand how some would prefer to have Melida killed instead of facing such embarrassment. But an uprising? Really...?

Double-page supporter
I want to see inferno level massaging skill on loli ...
😍😍😍😍😍

Dex-chan lover
Thirsty loli
Also those guys should the good guys, right? Melida’s family seems like shit and the nobility system seems worse than anything in feudal Europe. Fuck em, time for madam la guillotine

Dex-chan lover
None of this was in the anime, Did the anime have an anime original ending? Or did it just skip all this stuff?
The conspiracy ?

If I'm not mistaken the anime shifted volume 6(?) ahead, and put this part, volume 3, as last so they can have it for the series' climax.

@pip25 sure it sounde crazy, but remember that in real history, wars have been started for even less reason/ incentive than that

Dex-chan lover
@Rozzak Good guys? Haha, there are no good guys. They are just people who want a change, for their own benefit, even if their view their own benefits as the benefit of the whole country. Serge is also using them like there's no tomorrow. I wonder how many of them understand that.

I wonder if Serge cares about Melida. They haven't ever met, I reckon, so I suppose he would view her as nothing but as a necessary sacrifice, if not a convenient sacrifice. If Melida perished because of this, Salacha would never be the same, though, that's for sure. But of course the FMC won't simple die. Melida might become a fugitive, though, which isn't that much better. Probably the big brother would only consider that a good lesson for Salacha. All that being said, Serge might, of course, have come up with some other role for Melida, even if his speech here didn't suggest anything.

The idea that the affair will be the linchpin for the collapse of the three duke system is the shakiest part of this story. Revolutionaries trying to use it for thier plans makes it slightly more believable. But even then it doesn't really give them much room to do anything. Especially if you consider that:
1. The affair was done by the family head's wife, an outsider who married into the family. So at worst the affair coming to light would destroy the ties between the Angel family and the wife's family and give the head a little bit of shame
2. The Angel family's authority is derived from thier class, something that is inalienable to thier blood. Thier class is provides them thier military might and as far as we know, you can't take someone's class away. So ruining thier reputation doesn't get rid of thier power

Users who are viewing this thread