Atsumare! Fushigi Kenkyu-bu - Vol. 11 Ch. 192 - The Mystery of Electrical Outlets

unknown.png

Dex-chan lover
There's a solution here:
71xTao-qycL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Plus this is technically obey the "only one thing plugged in rule" because it isn't the same type as the other one and is much further away so is less likely to start a spark that will lead to a fire

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane

Aren't they concerned over power draw? Maybe it's just one small line so it could be a fire hazard with too many things drawing power from it

Double-page supporter
@Pandawanka that shouldn't be a problem. Power strips like that have surge protectors on it. If they plug in to much it'll shut off (generally before the breaker flips) and you can keep the plugs decently separated and away from the wall. The fire hazard is from the plugs heating up which is why the wall splitters like they showed are considered unsafe.

That said putting an A/C, Fridge and computer on the same one is pushing it.

Fed-Kun's army
The credits page of Matsuko looks kinda like a fish if you look at it right. The one with the one eye in the left corner.

@PoopyPants True, but it could be the actual wiring in the wall that is the issue. It could heat up and start a fire before it shorts...but high draw stuff like a fridge, AC or a computer with an RTX3090 would do that cause that anyway.

Besides, seeing the way anything is done in this manga, do you expect them to wire something correctly or just have something like a 1000ft extension cord from the nurse's office?

Dex-chan lover
shouldn't be more of the power line itself that can't provide enough wattage, voltage, or however you call it... the main concern though?
'cause if they're only allowing one thing to be plugged at any time, it's probably about the power line first rather than the easy solution that is an extension brick?

sorry for the confusing mess that is terminologies that I'm using... I do hope I get my point across though... :|

Fed-Kun's army
I was wondering what was taking so long since the chapter was already tl and typeset in the last thread, but it looks like it was the gif at the end

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane: I'm no electrical engineer, but I know there are certain issues, with the diameter of electric cables. The thinner the more kinetic collisions and interactions of electrons with the conducting material, which is transformed into thermal energy, is concentrated on the smaller mass of the conductor -> Thin cables heat up much faster. That's how e.g. immersion heaters or old light bulbs work. If you put too much load on such a cable, it might heat up to several hundreds °f/°C in a few seconds and ignite stuff. Of course they went with the cheapest (thinnest) cable. Even if only a few meters of the cable is build into the wall of that wood shed, it spells fire hazard.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
(deleted stuff)

EDIT : Fk nvm someone posted an image already after a scrolled down.

Limiting the number of connected devices to one plug should be incorrect. Sure the power outlet has its limit, but the total wattage should be counted instead. If they allowed to plug a refrigerator, which can spike the amperage draw to more than 5 amps, with a good Power Strip (one with surge protection), they can easily plug several phone charger (should take only half amp) easily.

Users who are viewing this thread