Ban April Fools Day Chapters? :rejected:

Can there be an announcement telling people not to post April Fools' Day chapters? Preferably with some kind of penalty for those that do so anyway?

The bait-and-switch "prank" of posting a fake chapter isn't funny, just annoying. It's not funny largely because it requires zero creativity, only some level of authority (ie, ability to post a chapter people will think is genuine).

Additionally, the fake chapters can mess up the chapter trackers (If you read a fake chapter 10, then the Reading Progress tracker still marks you as having read chapter 10).

I strongly suggest that April Fools Releases not be allowed.

How do other people feel about it?

Put in a framework to allow rollback of the chapter tracker. Some people put effort into some pretty funny gags and it's april fools'. Anyone should know well enough and take it with a laugh and move on.

I agree
A single joke from MangaDex is fun,
having to comb through 40+ chapters to find the ones you can actually read isn't.

There's a reason Manga Update forbade them as well
I'm digging through my follows right now just to find chapters that have actually updated and it's still the 31st of March for me

Dex-chan lover
agree. no april fools chapters pls. imagine that one chapter you've been waiting for months and it's a fucking april fools page. that kinda stuff will RKO my morale....and preety much what remaining patience i have holding back my sheer saltiness

Dex-chan lover
Oh you mean those kinds of joke chapters. I was thinking about something like this. Still tho, it's just 24 hours so chill.

Fed-Kun's army
If it's not possible to ban them, at the least I would prefer a April Fool's tag on the chapter...
@Wolvenworks I can relate to you man... those kind of chapters hurt my morale too

Dex-chan lover
same thought as @DarkFlame, a tag or something to differentiate.. It's a pain to start reading the first few page of a chapter wondering continuously if it's a good written april's fool or just the real chapter...

Miku best girl
Admin
I suggest you wait until April 2nd before reading anything then.

Dex-chan lover
@DarkFlame This. I'd really appreciate it if the joke chapters were at least tagged as such.

I don't want to ruin everyone else's fun so asking for a ban seems like too much for me but I find these joke chapters to be annoying as hell and not funny at all. Knowing that I'm about to read a joke chapter so that I can ignore it would be appreciated.

TFW the dialect of all characters changes immensely in April 1st chapter but.... its honestly the most natural sounding translation the group has given yet.

=I suggest you wait until April 2nd before reading anything then.=

Might as well not have said anything, it would have been just as useful
-If this offends you i suggest "not reading this comment" harhar-

@Deavl Can we be sure that the joke chapters will be gone by then? Or is it that because the joke chapters are put in place using the same system normal chapters are they won't be removed for some time.

I'm not saying this to invalidate anyone, at least not intentionally, but while I know the joke chapters ARE there because I checked out a few from the front page...I haven't actually encountered any when going through my Follows list. So either I read some really unpopular stuff not worth doing a prank for, or the problem isn't as widespread as I'm seeing it be told here. Just wanted to add my two cents--whatever's more convenient for the largest number of people will probably be what works best.

Dex-chan lover
1 out of 5 chapters that showed up in my follows list in the last 4 hours WASN'T an Aprils fools chapter. So far I've avoided actually reading those chapters by checking the comments first. But it is a real problem from my observation.

Tagging chapters as April Fools completely misses the point of the day.

And holy shit, it's not that big of a deal, just wait until tomorrow if you're that bothered by it. It's that one day out of 365 where there's legitimate reason to do this, it's not like you're harassed by fake chapters every month.

Fed-Kun's army
On the one hand, I don't like April Fool's chapters because they are usually stupid as shit.

One the other hand, I like April Fool's chapters because they are glorious, a la the latest Returner's Magic update.

Miku best girl
Admin
April fool's chapters will be collected and put aside on April 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread