BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 191 - What If You Were Melon-kun From Class 2-C?

Double-page supporter
Melon, you were a bastard from the beginning till the very end, yet your value is unmeasurable because you are also the embodiment of the cynicism in this society playing dumb in the dynamics between hervibores and carnivores.
I'm still in conflict because you are a shitty bootleg of Hannibal Lecter.

Fed-Kun's army
The last like few chapters haven't been terrible but I honestly don't even know what I'm reading anymore. I really hope the next arc makes up for this mess or I'm just done with this series

Double-page supporter
Jesus fucking Christ this manga went downhill. I would give it up, but I'm too invested at this point to do so.

we all know Legosi is part hybrid so he's obviously the one who has been shot and will make it through

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like there was some meddling with the story going on behind the scenes, the tone and beats of this arc have been all over the damn place.

I was thinking about who gets shot and I’ll lean on Yafya. Louis is too typical and Gosha has more at stake for the story while Yafya being the only Beastar, and pursuing Melon makes narrative sense.

Possible outcome being he aims for him, but Legoshi gets in the way, which then forces the hand of Yafya and Gosha in some throwback tag team to fuck Melon up.

Funny thing I was also thinking about, had the Komodo dragon guys advanced to the lead and fought Melon instead, I have strong reason to believe they’d have dominated Melon. Even the leader one on one, I think he had much better odds to overtake Melon with his poison and all.

Dex-chan lover
why do I feel like Paru is trying to end this arc without anyone feeling any sort of satisfaction or catharsis whatsoever

Man, this is not make any sense to me, not at all. Yeah the first part of the manga is great, but this entire melon part..

@ksnh i believe it's just an expression and they don't actually need 2 bullets, that they're 2 different animals at once. either that or it's stupid and they actually do require 2 bullets to die

maybe it wasn't melon's gun that got shot at the end there, but it was another gun from someone else? maybe the shishigumi

Dex-chan lover
Wow, "You need two bullets to kill a hybrid" is totally a loaded phrase with Legosi being around. You might even say it's a Chekov's Gun.

Users who are viewing this thread