BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 191 - What If You Were Melon-kun From Class 2-C?

So it's easy to assume that one of those 4 is now dead (plus melon?). But what if the bullet killed 2 of them instead?

Honestly I feel (and hope) the “two bullets to kill a hybrid” thing is Something that lost its original meaning when translated. Like it’s supposed to be a poetic thing about how you need to kill both parts of you to truly die, rather than some throwaway plot armor.

In chapter 189, the last page has Gosha about to drip venom onto Melon's dad. What happened? Did he just suck it back up lol

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is why I often let things sit and read them one or more entire arcs at a time.

I'm betting either no one died or somehow the horse dies. Its the only way to get the Title Drop that was hinted at chapters ago at this rate.

"Wow Melon, you are terrible at conversations. You must not have had very many."

I can't help but love that.

Honestly hoping for Melon to just die already, as much as I enjoy him. I'll be considerably upset if any one of the other four characters just got killed, especially Louis.

Also, not sure if the team even reads the comments but I really enjoyed the Ace Attorney edit :)

Group Leader
@Cojack622 I'm inclined to think about a metaphor invented on the spot:
let's not forget Melon is a highly unreliable psychopath whose words should never be trusted

Group Leader
@UMEKO
We do actually.
[been more enjoyable reading comment after the complaints died down]
Thank you for the complement, our typsetter made that after some inspiration

Am i the only one loving this arc, also damn i really dont want this series to end it sucks this will be the last arc probably

Group Leader
Update:
Remaining actions
1) redraw symbols [meat like the past chapters]
2) meme pages.

It is almost ready

Double-page supporter
I really don't want to sound like an edgelord, but if someone doesn't die in this arc after everything that's happened I'm going to be real disappointed. Melon has a point. You can't just keep raising the stakes, have a massive all out fight, and have a chaotic mob of both carnivores and herbivores, only to have absolutely zero casualties and everyone walks away as friends. That's just not realistic.
I could give the fight with Riz a pass since the end to that confrontation felt natural, but so far this doesn't. I don't feel any kind of tension in the fight because up until this cliffhanger which already feels like a fake-out, the more this arc goes on, the more it seems like everyone will walk away unscathed.
It's not as if the series shies away from the topic of death either. We already had Tem, the Shishigumi fight, and pretty much everyone Melon's interacted with as proof of that.
How do I describe this? The other conflict arcs felt like Baki or Jojo. This one feels like Fairy Tail.

Users who are viewing this thread