BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 196 - The Story of a Wolf and a Rabbit

Aggregator gang
I guess they couldn't solve the situation after all.

also, poor Juno

How to destroy work of your life with one crappy story arc. Such dissapoinment , i loved characters and gonna miss them all.

Double-page supporter
rip juno, the rest was nice
although melon sucks as a villain tbh

Dex-chan lover
Dang. Same thing happened to Seven Deadly Sins and The Promised Neverland. So much potential wasted

Double-page supporter
well, i'm glad it's finally ended. now I dont have to worry about how much worse it could get, lol

Ah, this feels like the ending of Demon Slayer, albeit a little different. The ending arcs of Demon Slayer and Beastars are similar in the sense that they ended with defeating the big baddie in a long, drawn-out battle. I guess the difference is that Muzan was known about pretty early while Melon was pretty fresh, which I feel complicated some things about the story since I feel like Paru wasn't 100% sure what to do with him. I also kinda feel these arcs suffered for different reasons.

For Demon Slayer, it suffered because it was too long + how the chapters explaining what happened after the big baddie was defeated weren't really enough. For Beastars, the arc + the ending suffered from a combination of things that happened before and during the last arc. Again, it felt like things with Melon weren't planned for, and I also think the battles within the arc lasted way longer than Demon Slayer's since Paru fit in all of these mini-battles with the different groups in the back alley market. With the mini-battles, I feel like Paru was trying to fit in some narratives about each of the groups (the one about the inarigumi is the one I can remember most clearly), however that is a lot of info to fit into a sub-battle, so I think people end up forgetting information like that.

There's probably more I could list, but those are the things I can remember. It's a shame to see this story get axed, but here's to hoping for more stories from Beast Complex! Pretty excited to read some more stories about the world Legoshi and friends live in, especially after all of the important things that have happened in this one.

Hopefully this will have a continuation, but just under another name. Like Naruto had 'Naruto Shippuuden'.

I'm pretty sure the author stopped there to get a break and come up with new ideas before creating more chapters, as the creativity and writing was starting to go downhill compared to how Beastars started.

Or maybe the anime will improve on things since they'll know which parts of the manga were bad and they'll have time to think of better ways to handle things.

It's such a shame. They idea of hybrids and Melon's story was so interesting and full of potential, but it was rushed and turned into a mess.

Dex-chan lover
What counts isn't the destination but the journey.
And this journey has made me a furry, Damn you Paru but thanks for the story.

Group Leader
It was pretty clear to me that Melon was intended to be the final obstacle between Legosi and Haru's relationship since the beginning of the arc and Legosi and Haru finally formally becoming a couple was the endgame. I just wish that Paru spend more time on the relationship post-being-a-couple since a lot of manga tend to end with the becoming a couple part, especially since the length of the Melon arc felt like it robbed us of the main relationship drama. But Paru already made up her mind about ending the manga here since last year from her interviews. Oh well.

Dex-chan lover
Boy this is not what i expected but damn this is the way things are so thank you for translating and thank you for paru itagaki for making this

Users who are viewing this thread