BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 196 - The Story of a Wolf and a Rabbit

@mrpurin right?? The title really got lost along the way. At least say Louis became the new Beastar, though I assumed it would be him and Legosi both becoming the Beastar.

But I guess what the author is trying to say is because the divide between the herbivores and carnivores has magically vanished, we don't need a Beastar anymore

Fed-Kun's army
Wasn't there a subplot between Louis and Juno? what happened to that? what happened to her?

Dex-chan lover
@Wraith5k Juno's on the left side. Halo wolf is Legosi's mother.
@RandomnessOfTheMathWorld Totally forgot about that one.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, that last arc wrecked things good lol! Sigh. Well, despite stumbling at the end, Beastars is the sort of creative work any author can be proud of. Great manga, fifteen thumbs up, etc.

Felt like there was definitely a lot of things meant to be explored, like the aforementioned snake, and more of that sheep guy. But all's well that ends well, I suppose.

Dex-chan lover
It went from a 9 to a 6 in just one arc. I still enjoyed most of the manga. 8/10

Dex-chan lover
Oof... that was so rushed. I thought this series would end with Legosi and Louis being designated the new Beastars.

Like, wth was this series at the end. The relationship between Haru and Legosi got dumb and I never felt like it had significant progress. Louis having to end up with the doe was lame. He also should have hired the lions, why did they have to suffer a 5 year extension on top of their situation. So many things that just ended on a meh, like the plotline with the whale. Everything wrapped up too quickly and the ultimate final battle between Legosi and Melon was... non-existent? I don't regret reading the story, but it feels like it lost focus and elegance in its writing a long time ago.

Dex-chan lover
I just wished that the back alley arc was better executed and polished than it was. Really almost ruined the manga for me honestly. What we got instead is an unsafisfying rushed ending to a what could have been legendary title.

Double-page supporter
The melon arc really dropped the ball.
Everything up to that arc was pretty damn good, but then it just dragged on and on.
I would've been happy to see more, but I can respect the ending at least for not dragging it any further

Aggregator gang
Can't say I'm 100% satisfied. Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with the ending, but there's just a few things I can't help but think were needed to be explained a bit more.
Especially how the "Beastars" title didn't really surmount to much in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread