BEASTARS

Dex-chan lover
@redsox02
you should definitely check out this manga then
https://mangadex.org/title/9409/hitoribocchi-no-chikyuu-shinryaku

At this point I only read this to laugh at how absurd the story and character lore has gotten. I don't even know if
when Melon was talking about how hybrids needing to be shot twice to be killed
whether he was talking in metaphor or if that's an actual fact of this world. Kinda like how the spots of the cheetah move around on their body when they think of memories. Utter dogshit, but its funny to laugh at.

In all honesty, my feeling is that the latest chapters make absolutely no sense because the translation itself sucks terribly. To the point of being basically unreadable.
Hybridgumi doesn't care about the actual translation. It's pretty clear: you can get the portuguese or the italian one, put it into google translate, and you'll get actually meaningful sentences.
Or you can just compare the hybridgumi release with the Hot Chocolate one. The difference is so clear to the point of being embarassing.

The only thing they seem to care about is spamming the link to their discord in every goddamn chapter. Which, IMO, is fine if you do it in the credits page, but is definitely NOT FINE if you do it inside the actual pages of the chapter (eg. Page 1 of chapter 188, Page 2 of chapter 183, Page 2 of chapter 182, Page 1 of chapter 181).
That's basically not different from watermarking the scans and should be forbidden in my personal opinion.

They should just stop, because, as for now, they are just destroying this work with their awful sentences are memes (which aren't even funny).
The memes, in particular, are the worst. Not only they are not funny in the slightest, but if I open a chapter, it's because I want to read the chapter, not the memes. ESPECIALLY THE ANIMATED ONES, which are only a waste of bandwidth.
If I want memes, I can go basically in every community out there on the internet.
Ah, not to mention the fact even their typesetting isn't that great, but that's just my personal opinion.
From a group that claims to have not 1, not 2, but FIVE proofreaders, I would expect basically some perfect translation. Which they are clearly not providing.

I miss Hot Chocolate Scans. It's very sad they were sniped by such a group of people who just look like amateurs who have no idea what they are doing.

Hopped back in to see if it got better. It got worse. I'm honestly amazed at how bad this is now.

@todd89 If you look on Youtube, a person named Vincent Anime is posting chapters of Beastars far earlier than Hybridgumi, around the same time as the Malay and Portuguese translations. Try checking his channel.

The issue isn't whether Hybridgumi loses time or not before posting their translation here. The issue is they provide a translation that just sucks.

It's sad Hot Chocolate dropped this manga, because they were the only ones providing a good English translation. For now I have to resort to google translating the Italian one (previously, the Malay one, but rip them too).

As expected by a snipe group, they ruined the series, made Hot Chocolate Scans drop the manga, only for them to apparently stop working on this project too.
The latest chapter is available basically in every language, except English.

Kinda expected from them, honestly. What a shitty group they are.

I tried joining the hybridgumi discord server because I thought they release the chapters earlier for members, but NO! They simply release them over a week later than any other group. That is just terrible. :mad:
The translation quality is very bad, but at least THESE PEOPLE actually translate them in time. https://read-beastars.com/

So from what I read in the latest comments chocolate scans dropped this project? Why is my question? If you got answers I’m all ears

Users who are viewing this thread