BEASTARS

@PhantomWraith naïveté of youth. And everyone is taken away by the current situation that a carnivore and herbivore hnd in hand helped each other and how back alley has changed. At that point melon was "defeated" and that is all they wanted.
same with that drama club polar bear, just beat him and made him admit his mistake. Then let the system handle everything.

The big hole in the story tho is
melon wasnt really defeated same way as that polarbear guy was. Melon just gave up and went "ahh fuck it" and tried to off himself as a middle finger to legosi and louis. Coz they couldn't change him. He is evil through and through thats why he's eating yafya.

Im sure melon will end up as a recurring villain from now on. But i have they more forwrd to becoming actual "beastars"

Aggregator gang
@Luke_chase: This arc or the series? Because it seems the arc is about over and Melon is making a "last stand" as it were. But the series is not ending any time soon.

Not for not but Melon as a bad guy is beyond boring, and everytime i see him i just think god i hope you die or like just no long are a part of the story

for fucks sake this manga is unpredictable. i have a feeling like it might end soon, although i am keeping my hopes up for more volumes past 21.
yafya getting bit is pretty damn suprising.

I might be the only one saying it, but I'm glad this is finally ending. It seriously lost its way a long time ago.

Last arc was lackluster and monotonous, but the first few arcs were spectacular and deserve the praise they receive. Should've ended awhile ago, but glad it's finally getting a conclusion.

This arc was so not up to my end-arc standarts that I never saw the end coming

Fed-Kun's army
I kinda see what Paru was trying to portray in Melon's character, but it definitely feels like she did NOT have the knowledge base to make his repeated turns of good fortune worth anything beyond its page-turning value. Ideally his smaller successes should've been their own "disposable" antagonists (characters who are brought in and discarded in a timely manner) with him as a coordinator a la Moriarty.

This might be an unpopular opinion but I like the last arc. Sure it got a bit overwhelming at times but it made sense for it to end like that. It’s a good read!

I find it interesting that this whole dialog about a predator x prey society and the morality vs the necessity of the back ally market evolved from a manga where a wolf wants to fuck a bunny.

As a wise man once said, it's easy to mistake disappointing for bad, and bad for terrible. While there are some discrepancies here and there in the melon arc, overall it is a good sendoff to a wonderful manga. Although I and many other still believe the beginning is the best, the ending still has so much to bring to the table. Melon is a fantastic antagonist, being so diametrically opposed to Legoshi in nearly every way. Reading through this manga has been a wild ride, but I can't say I've hated a second of it. I've been confused and even a little disappointed, sure, but I can't say I've hated any of it. Thank you Paru for this amazing story. But please, next time, plan everything out before writing it.

Paru confirmed on twitter yesterday that there's only 3 chapters left (and the second season of the anime starts in January).
https://twitter.com/itaparu99/status/1308784627637612544

Users who are viewing this thread