Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
The incels defending Jake in the comments are kinda sad. I hope they find the help they need.

WE LOVE TO SEE IT MELISSA MY QUEEN!!! Can't believe the werewolf is back, looking forward to another lesson in boundaries c/o Melissa!!!

Thank you for the translations!!!

This is definitely one of my top 5 favorite manhwas of all time!!

I just love how they directly take shots at all the common ML tropes and it's just nice to see both MC and FL team up together 💓

Romance stories do tend to romanticize stalking aka "secretly following to protect", although I've never read one where they follow the person all the time without even an introduction like in this one. The Ml from Not so sidekick occasionally magically spied to see what funny antics the Fl was up to, then he blatantly gave her a gps doll when she was being chased by very persistent bandits. But that doesn't count cause she agrees to be tracked?

The Ml in Wrong House Villain stalks the Fl half out of curiosity and half for protection, but she tells him stop it's not cute when she finds out. Idk if he does, that's the latest chapter.

Another western novel had the ML regularly break into the Fl's apartment to 'check if she was still alive', the Fl brushes off his actions as 'werecat things', but is suspicious cause he also ate the pie in the fridge....

But in all my examples, and in most of the other stories I've read with 'protection stalking', the Ml and Fl are at least at the flirting around stage. Never basically strangers like here.

Wahhhhh BADASS YURI!!!
This is legit my first time not caring about handsum guys lolol
Even nine! 🤣🤣 sorry nineee, they're just too cool

You know I was just scaring the shit out of my brother for a good 2 hours just so that the girl of his dreams could break his heart and his soul

@Yuwenn They really are out in full force after this chapter. If you look in the comments for the overall series, you'll see a guy who says Melissa is treating the MLs too harshly instead of taking the time to teach them in a nice manner. You know, like how "proper" women should. This is exactly why we need more works like Beware the Villainess.

@flufflover36 wait seriously? Honestly, as a guy, I find absolutely hilarious how Melissa "our lady of taking no shit" treat that group of moronic douche. I mean, you have a womanizer but you still love me, a creepy stalker but it's so romantic, more money than brain, and that douchebag that hit the gym every day to show off his muscles. Caving their face in and letting them sort their teeth by themselves is quite right.

I like that this time, the Author, FL, and "supportive" cast are taking shot after shot at the absolute worst / most garbage tropes of the genre.

And it's absolutely hilarious to read xD

I'm gay for Mellisa 😍🤭

Thank you for the translation!!!😘❤️❤️🤫🤭💯💯☺️☺️😊🙏🤩🤩🤩🤩🙏🙏

Dex-chan lover
Melissa isn't treating them harshly enough, these are all crazy bastards who need more than one or two beatings.

Contributor
Go easy on the red wolf guy, as far as we know wolf ladies probably find piles of freshly hunted prey very sexy.
Cultural differences and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread