Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 48

Huh.... previously I thought it would be interesting if this ended up as a harem since we never see that, but this chapter really makes me want the "best friends" ending instead. After being forced to play the "romantic interest" for shitty MLs by the story forces who knows how many times, I'm now seeing her as someone with PTSD from multiple. literally inescapable, quasi- and/or completely abusive relationships, and the recovery plan for that involves therapy and unwavering friendship and support, NOT performing in yet another romantic entanglement.

Yuri desperately deserves a chance live for her own sake, because at this point she maybe doesn't even know how to do that anymore, and until she can, there is no "happy couple" anything possible, just more pain. So for me, that ship is sunk, and I will be annoyed if the author ends this with a "love fixes everything" ending after doing such a phenomenal job taking on all these other toxic tropes and devices.

Dex-chan lover
giphy.gif

Oh shit! She knooooows.

So I'm guessing she already completed the crown prince route, jakes route, and peacocks route. And maybe she's supposed to accomplish the werewolf route? Like Yuri is playing this game when she have to choose a route when we pick choices in the game. That's what it seems like. But this time she is more with Melissa

Wow, so it is true that the real villain is
the author/writer of novel/book of Yuri's world

this webtoon has become one of my favorites, and after this chapter I have no doubt, I hope that Yuri will be able to get rid of its destiny as well as Melissa.
oh and thanks guys the translation is perfect ❤️

please god i know it won't but PLEASE I WANT YURI ROUTE SO BAD. A WELL WRITTEN STORY WITH GIRLS KISSING GIRLS DAMMIT!!!

Fed-Kun's army
OH MY GOD THE YURI ROUTE MIGHT ACTUALLY COME TRUE THIS TIME. OH MY GOD I HOPE IT DOESSSS WE'VE BEEN BAITED IN TOO MANY MANGA

yuri??? please?
this chapter alone made things really interesting,,, kinda rooting to yuri now tbh

@the_white_rabbit I agree, the author's a god at ripping into tropes but also using them in a more creative way.

I think the yuri ship can be sailed in the right direction, but the reveal is her character is suffering from being forced into relationships and admires Melissa more than anything for her ability to go her own way, not for love.

Users who are viewing this thread