Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 57

ian dyed his hair from black to brown, because i actually couldn't recognize him at first. but that's probably bcs i forgot he exists

I kinda feel bad for Ian because he genuinely looked like he wanted to be a better person but to be fair he's had hurt the real melissa so bad it wouldn't be fair of he's to earn the new melissa's trust now and our protagonist is a clever one so I doubt it would be happening soon. Buuuut I do hope the original 4 male leads would show character development in the future. It'd be good if they all become friends somehow.

Dex-chan lover
No reason to feel bad for Ian. How can one even know that he's genuinely wanting to change. Just a little boy who only noticed how nice his trophy was after he idiotically managed to lose it.

Yep, protagonist is right not to have any sympathy for people like that. He still has a long way to go even just to regain some trust for him as a human being.

>>Why is there no reverse harem tag in this

@eyebags Because from everything we've seen from Melissa she doesn't care about their redemption, and no matter how much they change she doesn't seem like the type who would accept them.

Plus one of them is her brother????

i love melissa but most of all i love how good she is as establishing personal boundaries. there should be more protagonists like her! I'm personally learning a lot as someone whos used to bein a doormat <3 being firm seems so cruel!!! but if thats what it takes for self preservation then by all meanssssssss (within reason ofc)

It must be frustrating to be told all of those nos, but at the same time it must be nice to actually have someone be clear.
Laying out their feelings and what they will accept from you.

He couldn't change for the original Melissa so I'm glad she doesn't give a fuck about him even when he's apologizing for his bs.💞

I guess ... the might become useful after actually maturing some? Not psycho frog please though, he's so not worth even trying. Like, I can imagine brother, prince and stupid werewolf to settle into some kind of less stupid and crazy personalities, unlike psycho frog and psycho werewolf. But at the current point in that story they're just pressed into that shape by Melissa's will, so basically they'd have to do some actual growing themselves to become halfways decent people before Melissa could get on with her own life.

Ian’s hair does look distinctly brown when they see him in the town, but maybe he un-dyes it back to black when they go to the palace, cause it does look black in those scenes

This is almost heartbreaking, to see him obviously genuinely trying to do something for people he cares about and Melissa (understandably) expecting an ulterior motive when he's gotten his hopes up that she really does believe in his capacity to change (by agreeing to accept his apology).

Dex-chan lover
So... Melissa is going to play psychiatrist for all these insane otome book characters?

Of course Melissa isn't going to forgive you that easily Ian 😒 what? Some "sincere" apologies going to solve it? Humph! 🙄

no pity from me for the trash prince

if he does indeed trying to better then its all good, but you still have no place in melisa's side

yuri nine yona are already more than enough

Users who are viewing this thread