Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 58

omg jake's showing signs of changing just as season 1 ends and looks like he's protective of his sister hdhshdhdh hope it continues

thank you for translating season 1 so perfectly!!~ looking forward to season 2 but man the 3 month wait is gonna be so hard T_T This is my favorite romcom webtoon.
I wonder what that spirit at the end is... its probably what was talking to yuri when she was locked up.

Double-page supporter
Did not expect S1 to end here but damn was it good these 3 months are gonna be long

@chonkury if they were being manipulated then shouldnt they still be assholes towards yuri? since that was what the original plot was (as described by melissa)? i think we've switched protagonists(spirit/ghost/whatever of the novel is controlling MLs to change for melissa, which i highly doubt), from yuri, the original protagonist to melissa, the supposed-to-be villainess, our protagonist???

but im leaning more on the fact that the MLs are acting on their own now and are actually changing because of what theyve experienced with melissa.

@sopya_aa Hmmm, I can't tell yet if the ghost/whatever has decided on an antagonist; since Nine's brother has been dealt with it seems kinda late in the plot to come up with a new one, and Yuri just doesn't act like one either. The MLs being assholes to Melissa backfired, and she'd just continue to do what she's been doing if they decide to be assholes to Yuri instead (though, considering what they've been doing so far, they've already been assholes to her even if they think they haven't).

Anyway, I'd prefer it if the MLs have finally had their moments of clarity (or moment of himbo awakening in Jack's case, I guess). I didn't think I'd be ok with a redemption arc, but it looks like it could work. Except maybe for Peacock; he still has antagonist potential, and so far he's the one who hasn't been accounted for in recent chapters.

@chonkury that's too cruel then, by that point the only one who realised it's a setting is Yuri :( and by her words at that time I suspect it's recurring story

I hope it's like Miss Not So Sidekick, which targeted men surrounded the protag but after seeing -refreshing' MC they also wondered why they 'loved' the protag at first place

Melissa being shocked by basic human decency from those two brats had me wheezing like the bar is SO low 😂 I love her so much, imma simp forever

Thank you so much for the chapters! Women🥰🥰🥰are❤️❤️❤️powerful✨✨✨✨✨

I can't help but think that wasn't a deity so much as the original Melissa's spirit that's haunting the world and cursing Yuri to be repeating this same life.

Jake..you god damn idiot..do you realise that ****ing stupid move you pulled could have seen you and the your whole family sent to the guillotine?!?

Interesting... Kicking their damn a$$es forces these fools to rethink their place in the world? 🤔

Oookay, I just started reading this webtoon last night and finished chap 58 just now. My timing is too bad! Why did I start reading this during a Hiatus >_<

Anyway, It’s a fun read so I’m looking forward to the next chapters... after 3 months :(

That freaking St Tail reference is golden HAHAHA!
Thanks to much to the team for getting us through Season 1! This series has been a great find, and I look forward to S2!!

Users who are viewing this thread