Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

@Ultrabenosaurus
Exactly!! I don't get why people think she's cool, she seems dumb from the recent chapters imo
She's just adding fuel to her terrible image as is

I wonder how many assumptions she has made based on how the previous body's owner perceived them?
Can't she deal with them with out flying of on them? And she should have stated her reason...

@Ultrabenosaurus I think she might be overestimating the Prince's worth and value over her own in her father's eyes. To her. all she knows is that her father doesn't really care about her, she even thought her father might kill her for breaking the engagement, and so she might think that something like that wouldn't really affect the discussion. I mean, the Prince rampantly cheats on her to the point of it being common knowledge, and yet somehow the engagement hasn't faltered at all despite that, even if that humiliated melissa for years.

I don't think Melissa really realizes that she's technically as much a political tool that symbolizes her family as she is a person in her father's eyes either, leading to her not coming to that conclusion. She thinks her father sees her as only a tool, and not a tool that symbolizes the Ducal house.

Thank you @MayhemTrinkets ugh, you put it perfectly into words.

No family that cares about your well being and image will let you be a shitty person, will allow for rumors about how terrible you are to grow, and will watch as you pine over the person that cheats on you over and over.

Yes, there is a factor of personal accountability as an individual, but family is family. They’re the ones who are supposed to have your back and converse with. For family, you make the effort to go the extra mile to understand. While yes, Melissa can be pretty irrational, there is no emotional substance whatsoever for her to believe anyone cares for her. She’s lived with knowing her father only cared for her brother since she was young. So if that was really not the case and he just didn’t know how to talk to his daughter—

so what?

Him appearing and making an effort now does not erase nor invalidate the walls Melissa has built around herself because of youth.

Good god, she finally spit it out. I thought she'd never tell him that she wants to call off the engagement.

@marldita Well said!

@marldita , thank you for saying everything I was thinking. At first, I felt bad for the father since he did just want to bond. I have a feeling like it was her birthday or smth and she just forgot, but of course, she wouldn't have known what all this fuss was about. So her acting his way was very normal for her social and familial situation. She was both an outcast in her family for being a girl instead of the boy her father wanted. He later got that from her brother. However, she was also outcast in a society where here fiancee treats her like shit and is a goddamn manwhore who humiliates her all the time. I could completely understand why she acted the way she did and her paranoia was just in this case. While it would be nice to perhaps hear the situation out in its entirety, the dad obviously didn't understand the mood and didn't seem inclined to explain what all the decorations meant.

Dex-chan lover
This manwha SERIOUSLY be making my blood pressure rise.... whooo boy

Finally she got a chance to speak! And she ripped them apart! She’s so cool!!! Tell off that prick little brother!

And she looked so gorgeous when she leaned back and posed.

Users who are viewing this thread